DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i stand, corrected. it is annoying, but so is being told to search repeatedly as an answer, rather than including the answer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Off topic for this thread, but wanted to note the DF Rescue Squad has a rule to not tell people to use the search. We understand people having trouble don't want to wade through all that. If you're having trouble check out the rescue squad area in hacking help and we'll do our best to get you straight.

lol also i just looked at BD forums and they look similar to a forums ive seen some where... oh ya CYANOGEN FORUMS it just wont stop lol.
you know thats funny because.....im the one who set it all up... and well... ive never been to cyanogens site. so if it actually does look like his am i supposed to give credit so i dont get flamed all over the place?

This is from the Linus Torvalds wiki, you know Linux. "Although Torvalds believes "open source is the only right way to do software", he also has said that he uses the "best tool for the job", even if that includes proprietary software.[15] He has been criticized for his use and alleged advocacy of the proprietary BitKeeper software for version control in the Linux kernel. However, Torvalds has since written a free-software replacement for BitKeeper called Git. Torvalds has commented on official GNOME developmental mailing lists that, in terms of desktop environments, he encourages users to switch to KDE.[16][17] However, Torvalds thought KDE 4.0 was a "disaster" because of its lack of maturity, so he temporarily switched to GNOME.[18]"

This is from the Linus Torvalds wiki, you know Linux. "Although Torvalds believes "open source is the only right way to do software", he also has said that he uses the "best tool for the job", even if that includes proprietary software.[15] He has been criticized for his use and alleged advocacy of the proprietary BitKeeper software for version control in the Linux kernel. However, Torvalds has since written a free-software replacement for BitKeeper called Git. Torvalds has commented on official GNOME developmental mailing lists that, in terms of desktop environments, he encourages users to switch to KDE.[16][17] However, Torvalds thought KDE 4.0 was a "disaster" because of its lack of maturity, so he temporarily switched to GNOME.[18]"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......not seeing the connection.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......not seeing the connection.

I didn't think you would.

Whoa Nelly! We gots ourselves a sarcastic one here!

now somebody with koushs time and skillset needs to step up. now would be a good time to help keep this forum alive.

we will be alive for a while. Blackdroid and his team are not banned from here1 I wish them luck on the journey and hope he has learned a valuable lesson.

I would think there is some lessons to be learned by those who run this site.

It took what amounted to less than a dozen people to basically bring this place to its knees. Ultimately, these very few people got EXACTLY what they were looking at getting.

Basically, the message being sent is: If you want to change something here, go get your band of thug computer geeks, a proxy server, and in a few hours it's game over.

These supposed development leaders acted like a bunch of punk highschool kids.

Pitty.

KOS

Just became a new member at BD's new home and I thinking how great this whole ordeal turned out for him. Turned lemons into lemonade.

now somebody with koushs time and skillset needs to step up. now would be a good time to help keep this forum alive.

we will be alive for a while. Blackdroid and his team are not banned from here1 I wish them luck on the journey and hope he has learned a valuable lesson.

It took what amounted to less than a dozen people to basically bring this place to its knees. Ultimately, these very few people got EXACTLY what they were looking at getting.

Basically, the message being sent is: If you want to change something here, go get your band of thug computer geeks, a proxy server, and in a few hours it's game over.

Pitty.

KOS

By the way, the Android development community is a lot larger than this forum. This sent shock waves throughout it. While you may have seen 12 or so vocal individuals, it was spreading like wildfire across the internet, and making serious waves. Even devs for apps most rooters here use, such as SetCPU showed their support for cyanogen and their disapproval for UD and how it was (not) being handled.

I wonder if you would have felt it was no big deal what BD did if the dev for SetCPU suddenly decided to remove Droid support because of all of this?

This was not a small matter, by any means. Whether it was right to close BD's forum or not, I don't know. I know if I was in BD's shoes, I would have take a piece of humble pie, given credit where due, and moved on.

Pitty.

KOS

First I would like to say that them acting like that isn't the reason BD isn't here, it is because he stole someone else's work, and put his name on it, and on top of that denied it. Second, the mods here did a great job. And finally, you say "supposed development leaders". I say enough of a leader for someone to want to copy his work. Cyanogen has been around a lot longer than BD, and it obviously shows. I honestly don't know how anyone can be so blind, to be still "following" him.

Pitty.

KOS

By the way, the Android development community is a lot larger than this forum. This sent shock waves throughout it. While you may have seen 12 or so vocal individuals, it was spreading like wildfire across the internet, and making serious waves. Even devs for apps most rooters here use, such as SetCPU showed their support for cyanogen and their disapproval for UD and how it was (not) being handled.

I wonder if you would have felt it was no big deal what BD did if the dev for SetCPU suddenly decided to remove Droid support because of all of this?

This was not a small matter, by any means. Whether it was right to close BD's forum or not, I don't know. I know if I was in BD's shoes, I would have take a piece of humble pie, given credit where due, and moved on.

Richard Stallman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is where credit is due. I am a fan of open source. By the wiki even Linux had to take some humble pie.
Richard Stallman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back