DroidForum/IncredibleForum 4th of July Theme Contest - Winners!

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Thanks zahoor, now if only i can get this theme/rom installed. im running the original leaked FRF74 and when i try installing this theme, or even just the FRF84 it just goes into a boot loop? never had this happen with any of these roms b4, any suggestions?

I got FRF84B w/ BBv4 and I cannot for the life of me get this thing installed. Help anyone?

zodder

Reaction score
at the risk of sounding like the noob I am, what's the best way to get the PNG files from carlz28's theme on my phone?

J

Johnly

Class act for DF to award these two awesome devs and allow us to have these for the 4th.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
at the risk of sounding like the noob I am, what's the best way to get the PNG files from carlz28's theme on my phone?
Which pngs are you referring to? How exactly do you want to use them?
You can extract them from the zip files and go into the apks and get them in the folders res/drawable-hdpi/

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks zahoor, now if only i can get this theme/rom installed. im running the original leaked FRF74 and when i try installing this theme, or even just the FRF84 it just goes into a boot loop? never had this happen with any of these roms b4, any suggestions?

I got FRF84B w/ BBv4 and I cannot for the life of me get this thing installed. Help anyone?
How are you trying to install them? ROM Manager?
Usually flashing to SPRecovery, then back to CW Recovery will solve the bootlooping issues (has for me anyway)
After flashing recoveries, try manually installing them from the recovery menu (power button + x) method. Then choose zip to install.
I just reflashed my theme on top of BB.4 and it appears to be working without any hitches.

BlueIce5249

Reaction score

How are you trying to install them? ROM Manager?
Usually flashing to SPRecovery, then back to CW Recovery will solve the bootlooping issues (has for me anyway)
After flashing recoveries, try manually installing them from the recovery menu (power button + x) method. Then choose zip to install.
I just reflashed my theme on top of BB.4 and it appears to be working without any hitches.
I've tried all that! I'm going to try going back to the normal unthemed FRF84B and see if I can work from there.

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Got it!!

I just did a factory wipe and went back to the normal FRF84B and then did the same and went to BBv4 and then did it again and renamed this update.zip and put it on the root of the SDCard and used CW (power+X) to install.

It was daunting (aka annoying) but it worked. I must have had something that installed or was doing something the wrong way before.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got it!!

I just did a factory wipe and went back to the normal FRF84B and then did the same and went to BBv4 and then did it again and renamed this update.zip and put it on the root of the SDCard and used CW (power+X) to install.

It was daunting (aka annoying) but it worked. I must have had something that installed or was doing something the wrong way before.
Sweet, glad you got it to work!
I too have issues at times installing themes (usually because of ROM Manager issues) but when I do a theme, I ALWAYS do it over a completely fresh install of a ROM (stock theme).
Sometimes the apks. will have issues/conflicts with other things already installed. It shouldn't matter, but even the /data/ folder seems to mess with things.

Anyway, enjoy and Happy 4th! :)

camaro1173

Reaction score
Hi I am very new at this and many of you might think it is simple. can some one please tell me how to install this on BB v4 I can't figures it out. Thanks

moneymaker19

Reaction score
How do you get this on droid.. keeps saying install aborted... Sweet theme is want it...

lewblue83

Reaction score
cant get carls to work with sprecovery.
im probably doing it wrong. but the readme sucks. lol.

i hate that everyone automatically thinks "oh well u should just know how to do it"

i put the theme on my SDcard and renamed it to update. then tried to just update from zip file on sdcard through sprecovery. but update kept aborting

so i gave up.

i also cant move the bootanimation files to ANY of the places it says to on the readme file with ASTRO file viewer. it just wont allow me to.

i think i give up.

zodder

Reaction score
I was hoping to grab the wallpaper png from carlz28's zip file. I can add jpegs as wallpaper, but unfortunately I have no idea what to do with the png file to make it the wallpaper.