DroidForum/IncredibleForum 4th of July Theme Contest - Winners!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
DroidForum/ IncredibleForum 4th of July Theme Contest WINNERS!!

animated-flag1.gif

I want to thank our two contestants carlz28 and roberj13 for their submissions to our 4th of July contest. It is admirable that in such a short period of time, both contestants composed comprehensive, stylish, and unique themes commemorating the United States' Day of Independence. And since we were initially going to be handing out three prizes, I am pleased to announce that both contestants are winners! You will each be receiving $50 gift cards to Amazon.com.

As for the availability of themes themselves, you can find the download links and instructions below. I know I'll be sporting one of these while i celebrate the 4th of July :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Roberj13's submission (with more screenshots): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...uly-theme-contest-submissions.html#post585465

df-theme-juy4-1.jpg

4th of July Theme by roberj13 - download link: DF-Theme-Roberj13

Works on deodexed FRF84B and BB .4. and includes:

• Themed Framework with new status bar icons and pulldown
  • Themed Smoked Glass widgets
  • Themed Google apps and icons including, contacts, music, settings, gmail, market, phone, and more.
  • RedLINE base theme
  • Blue status bar with white text
  • Themed menus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's carlz28's submission (with more screenshots): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...uly-theme-contest-submissions.html#post585465

carlz28%5Bdfnet%5D.png

Carlz28's 4th of July Theme - download link: DF-Theme-Carlz28

The Zip includes the theme and all files used (wallpaper, icons, bootanimation.zip, and theme.zip) Also included in the .zip file is a readme.txt that explains what ROM the theme will work with and how to apply the bootanimation and other icons.

**Note, Carlz28's theme has only been tested on FRF57 builds. Use with FRF84b builds at your own risk!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, congratulations to both carlz28 and roberj13, and thanks Pilotcharles747 and the Rescue Squad for putting the contest together.

And to everyone, have a great 4th of July!

Last edited:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats Guys! We really appreciate all the time you spent building these themes. Great Work!

jayman350

Reaction score
wow both of them look great. neither d/l link is working, it just comes up with "page not found"

yankees2009

Reaction score
Im Having the Same Problem. The Download Link Isnt Working For Me Either!! Could somebody provide another link please?

zodder

Reaction score
Great job guys. These are very cool. I can't wait to install carlz28's theme. Then I can rotate them every day. :)

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download links fixed! Enjoy :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to weight in; both themes were excellent. Both did a good job in such a short time. I wonder what you guys could do for Christmas;)

Any way good job contestants and you both deserve the recognition.

tlippert

Reaction score
the original robertj theme had a black clock in the status bar (couldn't see it).... if someone downloads it could you post that it is fixed and I'll reflash it...

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats to both!!!!!!!!!!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
It definitely was a learning experience for me since I just started theming a few weeks ago.
It was an honor and fun to do such a theme!
Thanks to DroidForums.net and Pilotcharles747 for sponsoring the contest!
The gift card will be put to good use!
DROID Accessories!!!

I like the idea of a Christmas theme mentioned above!
That would be a sweet contest! haha
Plenty of time to prepare for that one ;)

Congrats to roberj13 too! He made one stellar theme!

Thanks again to everyone who viewed, commented and is/will be using these themes!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Thanks zahoor, now if only i can get this theme/rom installed. im running the original leaked FRF74 and when i try installing this theme, or even just the FRF84 it just goes into a boot loop? never had this happen with any of these roms b4, any suggestions?