Droidfish lost his Droid:(

Droidfish

Reaction score
Dang, lost my Moto Droid yesterday after an afternoon of NFL football and many drinks at Hooters. Of course I didn't have insurance, lol.

I guess now I'm just a fish.

Does anybody know what I can expect to pay for a pre owned droid without any upgrades? The verizon people who can help me get one are off today for the new year holiday.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you get one from ebay there going anywhere from 150-ish to 450-ish

not sure about craigslist ....i you do buy one from CL make sure you check the ESN with Verizon first. Theres been ALOT of horror stories where someone bought a phone from CL and weren't able to activate it because it was either stolen or tied to another account.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
if you get one from ebay there going anywhere from 150-ish to 450-ish.....
With some patience and careful bidding (try auction sniper, free for first three wins) you should be able to snag a pristine D1 for under $200 from a reliable seller. Try to find a listing that ends mid-week, early in the day, from a seller with a near 100% feedback. Sometimes taking a chance on a relatively new seller pays off.

Iowa

Reaction score
Yeah stick to the bay when it comes to this stuff....I would ask your VZW rep though and see if there is ANYTHING they can do for you. Some times you will be surprised the things they can pull off!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would actually go to the store first and if you could find your original salesperson then maybe they MIGHT help you out with a new phone.

If not then guess you could snipe craigslist or ebay.

sorry to hear you lost your phone

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I though i lost my phone the other day but it turned up from under my bed... maybe you lost your Droid in your house? maybe Vz can see where the last time your phone connected through their networks was? Triangulation works...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree, stay out of the store. Your best bet is calling it in. Ask for an early upgrade and see if they can give you a good price. You might be able to get a phone you want and a price break too.

OP
Droidfish

Droidfish

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everybody. Still not sure what I'm gonna do although I'll probably try talking my way into an early upgrade tomorrow.

What stinks is I loved my moto droid and the community around it. Whatever my replacement is I want it to be hacker friendly. Though I've slowed down in the past couple months I can still be a little flash crazy. I've really been digging what the MIUI people have been bringing lately.

Maybe I'll run a dumb phone until march and see what CES brings:)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everybody. Still not sure what I'm gonna do although I'll probably try talking my way into an early upgrade tomorrow.

What stinks is I loved my moto droid and the community around it. Whatever my replacement is I want it to be hacker friendly. Though I've slowed down in the past couple months I can still be a little flash crazy. I've really been digging what the MIUI people have been bringing lately.

Maybe I'll run a dumb phone until march and see what CES brings:)

Why march? CES 2011 starts this thursday and runs through the weekend.

B

bthomp21

craigslist has them between 100-150. i would just make sure i can activate it before the person gets any money.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
craigslist has them between 100-150. i would just make sure i can activate it before the person gets any money.
No matter what source you purchase from, whether Craigslist, eBay or another method, the seller needs to give you the MEID number so you can call VZW to confirm it can be activated.

OP
Droidfish

Droidfish

Reaction score
Why march? CES 2011 starts this thursday and runs through the weekend.

March is when my next upgrade is up in other words when I will be able to afford the shiny stuff that will be at CES, sorry I forgot to mention that.:)