Lost droid!

Alster2005

Reaction score
I lost my droid in the Indian River! And I forgot to get the insurance when I bought it. Since I upgraded the phone throught Verizon it only cost me $200 with the rebate. I am looking at new ones and the price is like $500. I am going to call Verizon and see what they can do for me. Any other suggestions on how to pick one up cheaper than $500 would be great! Missing my Droid BAD!

Reaction score
Buy it cheap from someone who's ditching theirs for the Incredible. I saw a thread around here with a guy a selling his for 300 with a ton of accessories. Sorry about your loss, too!

Riddick

Reaction score
Even with insurance I dont think it would cover a lost phone. You might be able to pick up a used one for around $300-350.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with insurance I dont think it would cover a lost phone. You might be able to pick up a used one for around $300-350.
With the Asurion from Verizon Wireless, it covers lost, stolen, water and physical damage.

To the o.p. - you can probably get the 1 year pricing on the Droid if you want a new one, but you also reset your New Every Two on that line back to 20 months.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why guess? The info's on Verizon's site (assuming you're referring to the insurance they offer) ready for anyone to review at any time:

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage
Asurion Wireless Phone Protection* Asurion, a third-party licensed insurance agency, provides insurance coverage for your wireless device and certain standard accessories. If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), you may file your claim with the insurance agency within 60 days of the incident and the device will be replaced upon claim approval. To make an insurance claim online or to obtain Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection Brochure (all terms and conditions), please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622. Asurion Wireless Phone protection is part of the Total Equipment Coverage bundle or sold separately.
  • Phones**
    • $4.49 per month per covered phone.
    • $39 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • Equipment maximum limit: $250 per completed claim.
  • Advanced Devices**
    • $6.00 per month per covered device.
    • $89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim.
  • For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices programs, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622.
  • Claim Limits: 2 Claims in a 12-month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year).
  • Asurion may fulfill claims with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
  • Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro-rated refund of your unused premium.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

To anyone out there, learn from me! Just pop the $6 per month for the insurance. I talked to Verizon and they are sending me a new phone for $289. It is refurbished. The insurance companies can also replace any lost or stolen phone with a refurbished on. I know the Droid normaly goes for $500 - $400 new so I consider myself lucky. I checked out ebay and the cheapest I saw them was about $300. I saw another bid start at $279. Verizon is sending out my refurbished droid today and just going to bill my account so buying from them seemed to be my best bet. Long story short, get the insurance because if I had it the phone would have only cost me $89.

FLE

Reaction score
I lost my droid in the Indian River! And I forgot to get the insurance when I bought it. Since I upgraded the phone throught Verizon it only cost me $200 with the rebate. I am looking at new ones and the price is like $500. I am going to call Verizon and see what they can do for me. Any other suggestions on how to pick one up cheaper than $500 would be great! Missing my Droid BAD!
Try Ebay? Craigs list. You local buy,sell,swap things..:icon_ banana: