Droid X's arriving early!

meaker

Reaction score
I got to play with my sister's 4g sprnt EVO and it is huge compared to my Droid. I wonder how much bigger the Droid X is to the EVO?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. Vista is horrible

2. This has to be part of the X's marketing campaign. How did these people preorder the X from Verizon? They didn't! This is just another great way to get on the homepage of site's like Engadget, Droidforums, etc.

3. Vista really is horrible.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
More Details on Early Arriving DROID X

On 07.07.10, In News, by Kellex

When we broke the news yesterday that certain lucky Verizon customers were receiving Droid X’s early, we started hitting up our contacts to see what else we could find out. With no pre-sale through Big Red, plus an order denial while calling customer service ourselves, the idea of customers still finding ways to order the Droid X before July 15th is mind-boggling.

So here is what we’ve got…

As you can see from Verizon inventory screenie above, one of their Memphis warehouses is stocked with well over 25,000 Droid X’s, but as you’ll also see, our source received an error when trying to order. He also went as far as trying to find a SKU for the device as another work-around to ordering and again, no luck…

Apparently this has to be done over the phone with consumer sales or customer service because all of the stores we checked with had no luck. We also received the following email from a reader who was successful…
I just called Verizon as a new customer and they accepted my preorder on a Droid X, stating once they get the SKU numbers they will order the equipment and ship it to me. As of right now that is set for 7/15/2010, but will contact me if they receive them sooner!
So what do you think? Anyone else had any luck calling customer care? If you did, what device do you currently have? Our Texas tipster earlier was coming from a Blackberry, which could be another angle to take.

Might as well give them a call to see if you can become one of the lucky early X-ers, right?

view.php

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I couldn't even get Verizon to sell me Droid X accessories, so I'm amazed that they are allowing people to preorder the phone!

RangerXXX

Reaction score
The ones for sale on ebay say they came from a Motorola launch event in NYC.

barski

Reaction score
I am garanteed my Droid X... I know a sales rep who is holding one for me, so I won't have to fight the crowd on the 15th. I have also discovered that it also helps to make and appt. at the Verizon stores, that way you won't have to wait in the lengthy list on the monitors. They will take you right at your appt. time.

me 2, all i gotta do is walk in on the 15th and pick it up.

as for the vista thing
VISTA SUCKS end of story
windows7 rocks

HeroNova

Reaction score

That seems pretty interesting.

I also thought I read somewhere that Bestbuy was taking pre-orders for the Droid X. Could it be possible that they are shipping them out early? Admittedly I haven't been really following all of the Droid X release info though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

That seems pretty interesting.

I also thought I read somewhere that Bestbuy was taking pre-orders for the Droid X. Could it be possible that they are shipping them out early? Admittedly I haven't been really following all of the Droid X release info though.

Who knows, but pre-orders at BB are Not guaranteed...

Last edited:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I can wait a week for my DX..and Im not a big windows fan..i do like my Mac...but i have used windows way longer so am more comfortable with it...

z06mike

Reaction score
The phone in question is mine. I have my Droid X in my hand right now. I emailed those pictures to my brother who sent them to the guy at droid-life and now they have popped up all over the web. This is no marketing ploy from Verizon. I just called in, got a call back to order the phone and it showed up yesterday. What can I say? I got really lucky :)

z06mike

Reaction score
As far as Vista goes, I still have it on one of my desktops and my laptop. I don't see what the problem is???

I even have Windows XP on another desktop of mine :D

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone in question is mine. I have my Droid X in my hand right now. I emailed those pictures to my brother who sent them to the guy at droid-life and now they have popped up all over the web. This is no marketing ploy from Verizon. I just called in, got a call back to order the phone and it showed up yesterday. What can I say? I got really lucky :)

I envy you!

jdausesj

Reaction score
@z06mike....Post up some more picks if YOU are really the ONE..

That is awesome if you really do have on already!! :)

jdausesj

Reaction score
I dunno dude lol...you caught me a little off guard with the fast response! ;P...did you have a Droid prior to this? Maybe a side by side pic for direct size comparison would be great! :)