DROID X2 Update Soon! (Gingerbread)

barski

Reaction score
Especially if custom roms are flashable before the update comes ...I've already made a few mods that make this phone run great imho

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Kevin what are these great mods that made your Droid X2 run better?

I did the superchager script, deleted bloat, different launcher and im still not impressed.

It is noticibly faster cpu wise, and frame rate, but the GUI just sucks and the multiple txt problem, keyboard problems, and slow response to wake make me want to take it outback with the 12 gauge and let it have it. One last big thing is when sliding through the screens it looks like total crap on any launcher, there is always alot of black behind everything that moves, almost like the screen refresh rate isn't right.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol I did the same as u and I flashed the modified unlock screen and notification bars.. I personally am happy the way the phone performs now I guess that's just me

Willie_gs

Reaction score
So, there wasn't a clause in the NDA about posting in forums.
That would be great though. The update.
Sadly until it comes out is just feeding everyones mind. Just like the bionic's release date.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
CJ-

How is that custom build coming? I've been refreshing all day...

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
CJ-

How is that custom build coming? I've been refreshing all day...

Just released the beta build.

MinimalX for DROID X2

EDIT:

So, there wasn't a clause in the NDA about posting in forums.
That would be great though. The update.
Sadly until it comes out is just feeding everyones mind. Just like the bionic's release date.

Yeah, there was a clause stating not to discuss the technical details of the update on forums. It didn't detail that I couldn't say an update was in fact coming. Anyways, mentioning the idea that there is going to be an update, and soon, is helping Motorola keep users from switching manufacturers.

Unfortunately for everyone, I am going to abide by the rules, and will not discuss the details of the update.

Last edited:

hobby31

Reaction score
If the update comes with a different baseband wouldn't that make the current sbf useless if you update?

music life

Reaction score
eh dont really care about the update now. by the end of aug. i will most likely have the bionic. the X2 is crap.

magman

Reaction score
Maybe im just lucky but mine is great super fast and haven't had a prob yet

Sandso9

Reaction score
Maybe im just lucky but mine is great super fast and haven't had a prob yet

im getting my third x2 this monday ive had bad luck with this device

LordRalh3

Reaction score
eh dont really care about the update now. by the end of aug. i will most likely have the bionic. the X2 is crap.

...Care to explain? The one X2 Ive had is the most amazing piece of tech Ive personally ever played with other than high end gaming computers...its by far the best of all the 8 smartphones Ive had including the X that I upgraded from...and thats without months and months of dev support behind it and only one rom out...With GB coming right around the corner it will only get better, and with them talking liberty being ported??? seriously man...I could understand if you were a stock user but your here so I doubt you are, the x2 now is great but the X2 on GB liberty oc'd on both cores???? Not to far off. if you dont video chat (I personally never do) and dont live and work in a 4G market than the X2 is FAR from crap.

sevenwords

Reaction score
I returned my X2. You know it sucks when my 2 year old OG Droid is better. Better screen, better touch response, tons of ROMs & unlocked bootloader, GB (running SS and its awesome), no music issues, no video issues, etc. I'll wait till the next big thing comes out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I returned my X2. You know it sucks when my 2 year old OG Droid is better. Better screen, better touch response, tons of ROMs & unlocked bootloader, GB (running SS and its awesome), no music issues, no video issues, etc. I'll wait till the next big thing comes out.

2 years of development is a lot more than almost 4 months of development. Glad you returned it though, not worth the hassle of having a phone that has less ROMS than others.

edit: just sick of the haters who returned the phone that still frequent the x2 forum. Stale news. Phone is great and some minor tweaks will make this thing more amazing. OG droid wasn't perfect when it first came out....

HEMLOCK

Reaction score

2 years of development is a lot more than almost 4 months of development. Glad you returned it though, not worth the hassle of having a phone that has less ROMS than others.

edit: just sick of the haters who returned the phone that still frequent the x2 forum. Stale news. Phone is great and some minor tweaks will make this thing more amazing. OG droid wasn't perfect when it first came out....

Well said! No phone is perfect on first release, IMO! The X2 has bugs no doubt about it, but once they're worked out & ROM's start releasing....it will be a beast of a phone! Ive been more than happy with mine. No complaints! No reason to wait for the "next big thing" since there will always be a "next big thing" and they will all have issues to be worked out!

Reaction score
I've yet to see any phone that is the PERFECT trouble free phone. If I am good then no doubt Santy Claus will bring to me this Christmas.

Some phones are better then others, some from the same series seem to do better then others. But if the phone wasn't for you and you have stopped using it then GTFO. Stop spewing your buyers remorse on everyone else that is happy with the phone.