Anything in the works for the X2...OTA wise? Leaks? SBF's?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I know we just got an update not too long ago. What two months? I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any new builds getting tested and played with? I know I read somewhere that 2.3.5 was out on an SD update/leak but other then that I haven't read much more. Has there been any test being done about the wrong battery readings? I also read in the leaked 2.3.5 the battery issue was still present and nothing much at all changed. If anyone else can confirm this or let me know the latest works goin on for the X2, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pepperm1nt released a battery fix awhile back.

The 2.3.5 build isn't even close to being a final OTA update, although some people swear it's smoother. Smoother than stock 2.3.4 maybe but not eclipse or liberty. I imagine we'll eventually see an official 2.3.5 but likely that will be the end from Motorola.

A dev team at xda is very close to booting our own 2nd init CM7 much like the one available for the X. Once they're done I imagine we'll see MIUI soon after and CM9 in the future is a possibility.

Sent from my Android device.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Pepperm1nt released a battery fix awhile back.

The 2.3.5 build isn't even close to being a final OTA update, although some people swear it's smoother. Smoother than stock 2.3.4 maybe but not eclipse or liberty. I imagine we'll eventually see an official 2.3.5 but likely that will be the end from Motorola.

A dev team at xda is very close to booting our own 2nd init CM7 much like the one available for the X. Once they're done I imagine we'll see MIUI soon after and CM9 in the future is a possibility.

Nitro is building eclipse for 2.3.5 also

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yeah I've downloaded the 2.3.5 leak to update for SD card but am not going to do it if nothing is different except for the build number. Don't know if the leaked SD card version would make it smoother or better anyway. 2.3.4 isnt bad anyway. Have had a couple random reboots while searching in zedge for awhile so I uninstalled it...but other then that this builds been pretty good. Aside from the battery reading issue. I'm full stock too again btw.
Sent from my DROID X2

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
My next question is; Why is everyone so certain that the D3 will be getting ICS but not the X2? Don't they both have tegra 2? Which is what is needed to get an ICS build correct? Not too sure if any of this is correct. Tell me if I'm wrong but it all sounds strange to me. I am just hoping that this phone DOES get to see these future builds. What do all of you think?

Sent from my DROID X2

tamlin42

Reaction score
My next question is; Why is everyone so certain that the D3 will be getting ICS but not the X2? Don't they both have tegra 2? Which is what is needed to get an ICS build correct? Not too sure if any of this is correct. Tell me if I'm wrong but it all sounds strange to me. I am just hoping that this phone DOES get to see these future builds. What do all of you think?

Droid 3 has always gotten a nicer version of blur than X2. It could also be argued that it's just more favored in general, though there's no definitive evidence. The X2 also wasn't very well received by the public, so if they spend more resources on D3, they reach more users. I don't think it would take much for them to put ICS on the X2, but that doesn't mean it will happen. For all we know, Google is going to push Motorola to abandon any phone they haven't co-designed.

FWIW, my experience with 2.3.5 btw was it really ate through the battery. I can get 2 days of moderate use in 2.3.4, 2.3.5 gives me 1 day with almost no use. that my just be my experience.

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Droid 3 doesn't have a tegra 2. It has a Texas Instruments OMAP processor.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I'm just getting a lil afraid. I've been seeing the the DX hasn't gotten an OTA for about three months. Seems they may be done for now with updates for it. Just don't want our X2's to be next in line for neglect. Swapped out my DX a few months ago for the X2 and have been overall impressed. Really hope we see more work though done by the dev.'s so big red get's it out OTA.

Sent from my DROID X2 SBF'd 2.3.4

motcher41

Reaction score
The DX2 will more then likely need a kernel rewrite from what I am told to support ICS. Chances of getting an offical ICS 10% in my book. With moto releasing phone after phone since the DX2 I dont expect but maybe one more update ever. Thats just what I am thinking.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice article.

Insidious

Reaction score
Does the 2.3.5 leak include the newest blur? or is it that crap that the photon has and that we currently have.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same blur as 2.3.4