DROID X2 reseting itself??

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I've been listening to music on my DROID X2 that recently bought and after awhile. My X2 stopped and the Motorola Logo and Dual Core technology was on the screen as if I booted up my phone. Can anyone tell me any reason why this happened? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kylekruchok

Reaction score
You're not the only one its been happening to. I've had.mine for.coming up on two weeks, and it's only getting marginally better. Don't blame Google music for the issue. No one can seem to pinpoint the cause of the constant reboot, except for the fact that it's a Motorola product. Mine was rebooting three, four times day, so I removed the SD card, and it's only rebooted once since.

My guess is there's some latency issues when writing to the card, and reading information from the card. Removal of it also allowed me to install Google SkyMaps. A pointless application, but kind of fun.

In any case, try removing your SD card, and just use the phone's internal memory.

rushmore

Reaction score
Yep. It happens about once (or more) a day for me (if I use the DX2 much).

1. Mainly happens when playing Flash or video files
2. Has happened when downloading an app in the market
3. Also happened when doing nothing

No stock apps were messed with, so stock environment.

TheHunterOfShadows

Reaction score
I have that issue as well. I was using Audiogalaxy while out walking and I think there was a lot of switching between 3g and 1x and it rebooted on me. Not sure if the heat outside had anything to do with it. But I do get it here and there.

RPGMasta

Reaction score
Mine has done this 3x in 10 days or so, all while using Twitter.

SideEffect

Reaction score
I had to exchange mine because mine was in a constant reboot loop.

etavadia

Reaction score
Mine happens when I go to the dialer. If I go to any of the tabs it takes me back to the home screen (stock) and of course a redraw. I can repeat this 2 or 3 times and bam...it reboots.

Nice quality control Motorola

Elkay

Reaction score
Has happened to me 3-4 times, always while loading or closing the camera app.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess you all got screwed, going on over 2 weeks here with my x2 and I've only had 1 random reboot. And to be fair I was multi taking like a mother humper at the time, so I don't even blame the phone.

Sent from my DROID X2

rushmore

Reaction score
I guess you all got screwed, going on over 2 weeks here with my x2 and I've only had 1 random reboot. And to be fair I was multi taking like a mother humper at the time, so I don't even blame the phone.

Sent from my DROID X2

In spite of the issues I was having, on my 14th day I was debating keeping the DX2 due to the build, display, call quality, reception, emulator speed, etc, but got another sudden reboot- this time while updating some apps in the market.

I considered it a sign to return it and see if the the issues are fixed. Having to nurse the RAM with scripts like it is 256mb Droid 1 is pure nuts.

brocja01

Reaction score
Well, I've had a good turn of events with my X2, and I thought I would let you all know. If anyone of you are having crazy random reboots like I was. My phone was rebooting what seems like constantly I may have a fix.

I went back to my Verizon store yesterday, for one more exchange. Told myself, if the 3rd X2 didn't work, I was going to take it back and wait till something else came out. After the guy put my original memory card in the phone, activated it, he was on the computer doing some stuff and I happen to look over at my X2, it had just rebooted. I go to the guy, "see, it just rebooted". So we take it over to the "tech" department in the store and as the guy is holding it, waking it up from sleep (the only time it would reboot by the way) it rebooted again. Right in his hand. This was my 3 new device in 3 days. So, these two goobers (although my sales guy has been awesome with me the last 3 days) were talking this out I started thinking, what is the same in all of these devices? It wasn't the software, because X3 had just been activated, the only thing I had done was log into my Google account. The only thing that was the same was the memory card. It was the same memory card that I had in the very 1st X2. I just kept having them swipe them out and putting the original in.

We took the card out, sat there for 15 minutes or so and the phone never rebooted. So they copied my images and stuff off of that one and onto the one that was supposed to come with the 3rd X2 and now I've been up and running for over 16 hours. No reboots, nothing.

So to make a very long story short, if you are experiencing a bunch of random reboots, I'm thinking that they may have a bad batch of micro SD cards. Try taking the card out and see if that fixes your rebooting. If it does, take the card back to the store and tell them to get you a new one.

OP
DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't think that everyone was having the same problem as I was having. It seems to me that it may be a bad bug in the phone.

I will try out some of these suggestions if my phone ever reboots. But I hope that Verizon or Motorola will see what happening and release a update and solve these problems I love my X2. I wanna keep it problem free. Thanks everyone for the help. :)

etavadia

Reaction score
I went back to my X today and it's 10 times fater than my X. I'm able to use LPP and my custom widgets again.

I was outside the 14 day window but VZW made an exception due to a lot of X2's coming back to them. The rep was really cool and told me to stick tight with the X until the Bionic comes out.

I won't jump into anything until all the bugs are worked out.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've only had a few random reboots, and they all seem to happen when I'm listening to music or audible book over bluetooth, never so far with head buds or the built in speaker. So far I still love the phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk