Droid X2 init.d hack

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Aahhhh u beat me to it Hahaha..I guess I am a slow eater lol..but here is the OP minus the link for download. Just go to alucards link to get what it. Have fun.

init.d hack This is an alternative to a certain 2nd init functionality, because with 2nd init you could do this just as easily if you know how. This is not an init. This is for the folks running stock releases for the Droid X2, who want to "performance tune" their phone while working with what they have. This will allow you to use any init.d performance scripts on your phone. If you don't know, an "init.d" script is special in the sense that they are run when the phone is booting up. This way, when you are using your phone, you can enjoy performance benefits.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Root - follow the guides 2. Bootstrap Recovery - follow the guides 3. BusyBox with run-parts binary, installed in /system/xbin - If you don't have BusyBox, you can download it from the market here. 4. Knowledge of CWMR/Bootstrap Recovery use, and how to install a zip with it

The "hack" runs the "run-parts" binary and searches the /system/etc/init.d directory for scripts. This functionality is added through "load_pia.sh" script in /system/bin which is run every time the phone boots by default.

I've included 3 scripts in the zip, mostly as a kick start for those less knowledgable:

1. 00minfree - adjust minimum free memory, try to help speed up OS 2. 01sdreadahead - adjust SD card read ahead KB, try to help speed up sd read 3. 02sysctl - adjust kernel/virtual machine values, try to help speed up OS

OP
Alucard103

Alucard103

Reaction score
So I just download n flash n that's it?

DXT2

Yep pretty much. He recently updated the hack, so make you got the latest one. And you should be able to drop scripts in the /system/etc/init.d folder and they should run at boot. And you could also have this hack in conjunction with your scripts in script manager. Like for the v6supercharger script cause the hack alone will not save memory values.(well at least I can not get them to save. Don't know if I am going it wrong.)