Droid X2 Home Screen Icon Lag/Redraw Problem

hendersonc

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X2 for probably about 3/4 of a year now, and about a few months after I got it the home screen icons began to disappear almost every time I exit an app or another screen for about 5 seconds, at which point they will pop up again. I've heard this is called a redraw problem, and it is really annoying to have to wait for the icons to appear again before you can do anything. I've been trying to find a solution for some time now, and I know I don't want to install another launcher, especially because this only seems to be a temporary fix for most people. I always move new apps I install into the media area, and I've heard that a potential solution could be to move as many as possible back to the phone memory. I've also heard of using a supercharger or something of that nature (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html) but all of that is mostly just gibberish to me; I don't even know what a rooted phone is to know if that is something I can try. Should I try one of these solutions, or is there something else I can do?

srvctec

Reaction score
I've had my X2 since June of last year and mine does this quite often as well. I've never installed another launcher. I just make sure to reboot once a day at some point and that seems to help.

Another thing you might try is to clear the phone's cache which is something I need to do again, come to think of it.

From the Motorola forums, how to clear the cache on X2: 1. 1. Power the phone down. 2. Press and hold the down volume button and power button until you see the Motorola emblem and the word "Fastboot" at the top of the screen. 3. Press the volume down button until you get to Android Recovery. 4. Push the volume up key and you should see a triangle with an exclamation point. 5. Push the volume up and down button at the same time. You should now be at the Android system recovery screen. 6. Use the volume down key to scroll down to wipe cache partition. Push the power button to select. 7. Push the power button once more when it is done with the wipe cache partition. That should be reboot system now. Wiping the cache won't wipe any user data. You won't lose any apps or anything else. This is just a cache for the OS.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pvansch1

Reaction score
Tried what srvctec suggested I only get a message that reads "Starting RSD protocol support" It hangs for a long time like that so I pulled the battery - Yikes, is this going to screw up my phone?

srvctec

Reaction score
I've done EXACTLY as I copied and pasted above, several times on my stock DX2 without issue. In fact, I did it immediately after I posted that since it had been a while. Did you follow the instructions EXACTLY?

jnyhart1

Reaction score
I did this and it worked fine. You have to press the volume button to get to the "Starting RSD protocol support" then you should follow the rest of the instructions. My phone seems a bit faster now! thanks!!:icon_ banana: