Droid X Wi-Fi Problems

lvarner

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid X. Updated to version 2.3.15. I have a Linksys wireless G 2.4 ghz router w/ WEP Encryption. When I try to connect to Wi-Fi it says "obtaining IP address" then it says disconnected then goes back to scanning, then back to obtaining IP address. It just keeps looping those messages. I have searched through a few forums and cannot find a solution to connecting to Wi-Fi. Does anyone have ideas on how I can get Wi-Fi connected?

liferefugee

Reaction score
Make sure you have open ip addresses available on your router if in dhcp mode. If not running dhcp then you will have to manually set your ip address. Also make sure you put in your wep key correctly. I have the same line and run in the same mode due to my most limited device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
lvarner

lvarner

Reaction score
Thanks for you suggestions. I finally got it to work. I had to reenter the password. One of the letters was actually supposed to be a number. Thanks again.

Switchback

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but mine did the same thing, it was working prior to updating to 2.3.15

Phone will connect to wifi, then lose the connection and continue all over again.

I use Mac Filtering, No Wep or WPA, and SSID is not visable.

Any suggestions?