Wi-Fi problem

Aimperial

Reaction score
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!

Just started to have a problem with my wi-fi. Won't connect now to my home wi-fi, it is just stuck on obtaining IP address. Never had this problem before. I have both data & wi-fi on. It always connected to my wi-fi when I'm home automatically. I appreciate any help.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Try resetting your router. Just unplug the router for about 1 min and plug it back in and wait about 30 secs until it's good to go. Try that.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know, your advice worked! Thanks! I'm so relieved it wasn't a problem with my phone. Have a great day & and week everyone.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know, this is really strange. I had issues with my home internet yesterday as well right around the same time lol. Did you also have connectivity issues with other computers/devices?

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Yes we did! Computer was just slow to connect & phones/Device's wouldn't connect. We have Att Uverse. It's fine now.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we did! Computer was just slow to connect & phones/Device's wouldn't connect. We have Att Uverse. It's fine now.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

That's so strange, I have broadband with my local cable company and we were having general internet issues around the same time you posted this thread, lasted for about half hour maybe if less, but really weird lol.

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Ours was all day. I reset the router this morning.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ours was all day. I reset the router this morning.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

Odd, wasn't all day, but later in the afternoon closer to game time, reset our router about 3 times and I gave up and just left for a party lol so it may have been down longer than that but was fine after the game when I got home.

Superbowl crashed the internet. Just sayin' lol

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Odd, wasn't all day, but later in the afternoon closer to game time, reset our router about 3 times and I gave up and just left for a party lol so it may have been down longer than that but was fine after the game when I got home.

Superbowl crashed the internet. Just sayin' lol

Probably so. LOL

Sent From My HTC Rezound

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know, your advice worked! Thanks! I'm so relieved it wasn't a problem with my phone. Have a great day & and week everyone.

Sent From My HTC Rezound

Your welcome. Sometimes, if you have the modem and a router hooked up resetting the router works but if it doesn't you have to reset the modem by unplugging it for 1min. But that's usually if you don't have any Internet at all. But most of the times if your wireless device can't connect to your wireless network its usually your router. Good to hear it resolved your problem.

Sent from my HTC Rezound