Wi-fi Connect Issues

Cee

Reaction score
I have wi-fi in my home. ATT is my provider. I'd like to upload a video to YouTube and it wants a wi-fi connection to do that, but my phone won't connect to my own network. It's irritating!

I have made sure the password is correct and it does try to connect, but then says "unsuccessful".

It shows my network name and says: 'Remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.

My husband's phone gets the same thing. Just to make sure it wasn't the phones we took them to Border's where they have free wi-fi and the phones connected right up.

Has anyone else had this issue? My laptop is running on my network just fine. I'm beginning to think that Verizon and AT&T don't get along LOL!

OP
Cee

Cee

Reaction score
Well, thanx for the link. I read about 2 pages of that thread and gave up. Not all of us are tech geniuses and know what N vs G is, and channels on the router. If you are going to suggest this thread it might be advisable to let future users know it is an advanced talk in tech that won't be able to be understood by us regular folks. I know my way around a computer but most of that discussion is Greek to me.

Thanx anyway.

Chaosds

Reaction score
I have the same problem Cee. It looks like we have same settings on router. Mine is wireless N w/wpa2 psk. My phone sees the network and I put in password but wont connect. I dont even get the unsuccessful message, just nothing. I can connect to a neighbors wifi so I know it works but will not connect to my router. I have changed all settings, wireless G, WEP security, no security whatsoever and it will not connect. The neighbors is a belkin 54g router, mine is a belkin enhanced N. Dont know what the problem is.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well, thanx for the link. I read about 2 pages of that thread and gave up. Not all of us are tech geniuses and know what N vs G is, and channels on the router. If you are going to suggest this thread it might be advisable to let future users know it is an advanced talk in tech that won't be able to be understood by us regular folks. I know my way around a computer but most of that discussion is Greek to me.

Thanx anyway.

My apologies, do you know how to log into your router? Do you have a password set up on it or is your network unsecured? If you can log into your router and go under the wireless settings you can change your settings. If you change your mode/speed depending on how they word it from 300 which is N to 145 that is G. Some people say that alone helps them out, I also had to change my security. I am now on WPA-PSK [TKIP], most of these settings are just checking a box. Once you get logged in it should be fairly easy for you.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I posted on another forum bc I came to it via google search instead of the forum's search feature...sorry.
BUT, when I changed to TKIP, my home computer seemed a lot slower than what it was on AES+TKIP. Do you guys think this was real or just my imagination?
I switched to 300 Mbps thinking it would make my computer faster and it did (at least I think it did) and my phone was fine for 3 days but now doesn't work on the wifi. (I'm guessing bc it is on N instead of G.)

The real question is: is there any reason that 150 Mbps on TKIP should be slower than 150 Mbps on AES +TKIP? If not then I can solve my cell phone issues, otherwise I will want my home computer to be faster and I will just use 3G on my cell phone.

thank you