Droid X to stock Android OS?

raduray

Reaction score
What would be involved in changing the Droid X to standard Adroid OS without the Motorola Skin?

I'm the 2nd week of my Incredible and considering ditching it within the 30 day period and waiting for the Droid X. Don't like the soft keys and would prefer real buttons and also like the large display. Would miss the trackpad, though.

Droids

Reaction score
The X will need to be rooted to entirely remove Blur, and that may take a week or months. In the meantime Blur may be able to be turned off, plus it may not be that bad anyway. We have to get the phone first and see.

Personally I'd ditch the Dinc for the X in a heartbeat, but it's a personal choice.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it's nice that all the reviews have stated it's alot less intrusive as the other blur skins, which leads the testers to think it's a new named skin... maybe ninjablur.. either way i would love this to be a turn off feature. I mean the phone to me looks amazing, and if i got one would not want it on there, so getting it off would be almost mandatory for me getting the phone. I've heard before though that they were either thinking of doing it or are implementing that feature so.

jmims

Reaction score
Couldn't you just install a home replacement, like LauncherPro? I would assume you could... to give it that vanilla "flavor".

J

Johnly

Just flip the native switch, moto listened, you can turn off ninja (NO it is NOT motoblur!) You can run dessert android the day of X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nyijedi

Reaction score
Just flip the native switch, moto listened, you can turn off ninja (NO it is NOT motoblur!) You can run dessert android the day of X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this confirmed? That would be absolutely AWESOME if it were true.

baniels

Reaction score
Please site your source.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, if you've got a source we'd all love to see it. Would be great news.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
We all might know for sure in about 1/2 hour.

ripple1973

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid 2 has a improved Keyboard. but the Motorola X has only a soft keyboard. The ship Date i saw was July 16 and if you contract is up anytime in 2010 you can upgrade 199.99 2 year contract.