Droid X vs Droid Pro

music_man185

Reaction score
other than the physical styling and shape, what are the differences between the droid x and the droid pro? i've never owned a blackberry, but i like the shape and style of them, so that is what first caught my eye on the droid pro. i've also never owned a droid, but the android os looks amazing and i've always been a fan of google and the things they have done.

when i first looked up the specs on the droid x it looked amazing. but having owned a fully touch screen phone before (samsung omnia), i wasn't too thrilled with the idea of not having any buttons. i like the fact that the droid pro has hard keys, but i'm worried that the droid pro will be geared more towards business use and will not have as many features or apps as the droid x. i should probably mention that i work in construction, so my phone is only for making calls and texts and entertainment. i dont need a "corporate" phone.

i know one of the differences is the camera. i was a little disappointed to see that the droid pro will not have as good of a camera as the droid x. i assume the android os will be identical.

KSR

Reaction score
I do believe that both the DX and D-Pro have all the same apps and it will cone down to your personal opinion. :)

I have had my DX for about two weeks and was too worried about being fully touchscreen (coming from D1), but I am overall very much more happy with my X. :D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
i also understand that the resolution isn't as good on the pro. i saw a video review of the pro, and they said they were pretty disappointed with the color and resolution.

ross8428

Reaction score
Owned my pro for about 10 days. Turned it in last night for the X. Over 50% of the time when I would use the top keys (QWERTYUIOP), I would hit either the menu, back, or home button. Huge annoyance. The X's screen is about as big as the pro. I have never had a full touch screen before so it takes me a few to type a response to anything.....but I will get used to it within a few days I am sure.