Droid X Taskbar Icons? What do they mean?

Mark889

Reaction score
Where do I go to find out what all of the icons on the taskbar mean? Some of the symbols are pretty clear and I can guess what they are but there are a few of them I dont recognize and they dont show me anything on the pull down.

OP
M

Mark889

Reaction score
Thank you

But there is one of them that is not covered in the manual. It looks like a W with a line below it and a phone above it. Not sure what that one is.

Izzo01

Reaction score
I have a 1X where the 3G icon should be I assume that because I'm have no 3G where I am correct? Sorry for the newbie question but this is my first day with Verizon and coming from TMO the networks are completely different so I just want to be sure.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have a 1X where the 3G icon should be I assume that because I'm have no 3G where I am correct?

Correct..............

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
But there is one of them that is not covered in the manual. It looks like a W with a line below it and a phone above it. Not sure what that one is.

Some 3rd party apps from the market will also have "notification icons" associated to them - have you downloaded any apps and can you remember what this might correlate to...

Also, if you pull down your notification bar, is there anything that corresponds to that particular icon?

Last edited:

heycow

Reaction score
Also it's important which side of the screen they're on. If they're on the left, they're application icons. If they're on the right, they're core Android icons. (Of course, if your notification bar is crammed full the line is harder to find.)

PrinceNubian

Reaction score

If it is red, then i do believe that it is a missed call.

For those that don't know that small section at the top where
the taskbar icons are is a pulldown screen that will let you know
if that red w is a missed call

Prince

Sent from my home using my Acer PC

rizzolator

Reaction score
did you ever figure out this icon? I have the same icon and I have no idea what it means. The verizon store people had no idea ether.

well i think i have the same thing. The 'w' is actualy 5 dots, 3 in top row 2 in bottom row.

Last edited: