Droid X PC Issue

Mikey311

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So all of a sudden my computer stopped recognizing that my droid x was connected to my pc (windows 7 64bit). It used to show up on my taskbar and say when i got a text and what not, which i liked, but now it stopped doing that and it stopped showing up in "My Computer" My device manager recognizes it and the little "M" icon shows up in the notification area next to the time and date on the taskbar, but doesn't open the phone app. also i am rooted on 2.2, but adb doesn't recognize my device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mikey311

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do you have it set on Pc media sync mode?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
As far as RSD not seeing your phone are you running it as admin? Either right click and run as admin or you might have to go under properties and compatability and check run as admin.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
yup. usb mass storage device works fine. i think there's something wrong with the MTP (or is it mpt? i forget) driver or something. i tried toggle usb debugging but that did nothing either. i did install flyx rom and then it worked, but when i reverted back to stock 2.2, it stopped again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not usb mass storage mode, the PC media sync, that is the mode that will show your text messages and voicemail and stuff.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
oh ya i know. i was just stating that pc mode doesn't work , yet usb mass storage does

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh ok sorry, yeah sounds like a driver issue then. I would uninstall driver, turn off usb debugging and try reinstalling.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
Did that. Deleted everything motorola and what not, mtp fails to install every time, yet it shows up in device manager haha it stumps me