Droid X stuck in a boot loop

Subcurrent

Reaction score
Hello,

About two or three hours ago I had flashed ApeX on my Droid. I then played around with it and liked it enough to keep, so I decided to change the string "Verizon Wireless" to something a little more desirable, so I did.
And now I'm stuck in a boot loop, with what I suppose is the ApeX version of the droid eye (it says ANDROID) and despite all efforts, nothing has worked.
I've tried the power + home button method and going to reformat and wipe everything (tried all the options in that menu) and none have worked. I have no idea what to do now. I would appreciate any help.

I have a rooted Droid X
ApeX 1.3.1 (or whatever the latest is as of today)
Before that I had Droid stock froyo.
Don't ask me if it's DeoDexed or whatever - as I have no idea.

(Please excuse me if this is the category - I assumed the more knowledgeable people would be here.)

OP
S

Subcurrent

Reaction score
You might have to sbf back to stock... sorry

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I have no problem doing that - I backup everything (well, just my contacts, that's all I care about, the phone is three days old, I have next to nothing on it) but how exactly do I do that? A link, perhaps?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I am assuming that since you were using apex 1.3.1 you were on system version 2.3.34? Am I correct?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If so you can use the system sbf found http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...ystem-baseband-2-3-340-kernel-bootloader.html here.

You will need 2 other things. A program called RSD lite, this will be loaded on your computer and you want at least version 4.8 and then the latest motorola drivers found
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/5151-droid-x-2-2-full-sbf-leaked-download-now.html

OP
S

Subcurrent

Reaction score
I am assuming that since you were using apex 1.3.1 you were on system version 2.3.34? Am I correct?

Uhh, yeah. (I guess)
I found a website showing instructions on how to install a "leaked" 2.2 sbf, is it okay to follow that website's instructions? And would I be able to just upgrade to 2.3 once installed?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Read my previous post and make sure to read everything on rsd lite.

OP
S

Subcurrent

Reaction score
Read my previous post and make sure to read everything on rsd lite.

Thanks a ton, I've already downloaded RSD lite and brought my phone into boot loader. I have to go pee now though, from sheer excitement. Thanks a lot, CD.

OP
S

Subcurrent

Reaction score
Sadly, RSD Lite 4.6 is failing. Whenever I load the .sbf into RSD and click start I get a "Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. Clueless as to what to do, Google'd a bit and they all said to switch to RSD Lite 4.6... which is what I am using.

Edit: If it matters, the .sbf I'm flashing with is named "VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf"

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You need at least rsd 4.8, 4.6 is an older version and might be why its not working. Find 4.8 or 4.9 and try it again.

OP
S

Subcurrent

Reaction score
You need at least rsd 4.8, 4.6 is an older version and might be why its not working. Find 4.8 or 4.9 and try it again.

Absolutely beautiful. I've never been so happy to see a little alien before in my life. Hopefully someone will send some brownie points your way, as I cannot. Updating to RSD 4.9 did the trick, and I am now back on stock android. :)

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I sent you a PM with the 2.3.340 system link, I noticed you were flashing 2.3.320 which was a leaked system file. Basically what that means is if you stay on 2.3.320 your phone will not get the OTA updates. For some they don't care, but if you want gingerbread (android version 2.3) when its released you will have to be on system version 2.3.340