Droid X restarts itself

1stAmbassador

Reaction score
I am on my 4th Droid X phone in 13 months and they all have the problem with turning themselves back on after being turned off. I have tried to turn off all automatic updates of application programs on the phone, but it still turns on by itself. The people at the Verizon store where I purchased the phone do not have a clue as to why it is doing this. They just replace the phone with a refurbished one because I am not eligible yet for another upgrade until Dec. 2012. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do without removing the battery everytime I want it to stay off? I work shift work and like the programs that are available for the Android OS, but this is the first time I have ever experienced have a phone that would not stay turned off.

Abs

Reaction score
I am on my 4th Droid X phone in 13 months and they all have the problem with turning themselves back on after being turned off. I have tried to turn off all automatic updates of application programs on the phone, but it still turns on by itself. The people at the Verizon store where I purchased the phone do not have a clue as to why it is doing this. They just replace the phone with a refurbished one because I am not eligible yet for another upgrade until Dec. 2012. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do without removing the battery everytime I want it to stay off? I work shift work and like the programs that are available for the Android OS, but this is the first time I have ever experienced have a phone that would not stay turned off.

Google this topic... you'll find about 100 other threads on this exact issue. Most of the ones I've seen have to do with motorola phones although a few of them are android phones made by samsung. I own a droid 2 and it turns itself back on all the time. Very known issue that I haven't seen a solution for.

If you absolutely can not leave your phone on.. you don't have too many options

1. Pull out the battery
2. If you MUST leave the battery in Maybe put a small piece of paper or cardboard between the battery and the phone to keep the phone from having power.

I realize its extremely obnoxious. I have had the same problem with 2 different droid 2s.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP

1stAmbassador

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The people at Verizon Wireless had a look on their face that I was out of my mind until I proved it to them. Then they had a dumb look on their face and could not explain it. They claim that they have never heard of the problem but I do not believe them, especially after the 3rd time into the store and then I spoke with the store manager. Then they wanted me to buy a new phone at the normal price and start another 2 year contract. I may try the Iphone 4S in December, but I may also try AT&T instead of dealing with Verizon. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years. I guess Motorola isn't too concerned about the problem either.

Rocko

Reaction score
It's a known bug of the latest update. No amount of master reset, etc. will fix it. Moto ignores it. Force Verizon to put you in a different phone as you could be thrown off an Airplane for failing to comply with the captain.