Droid X pushed back to 8/3 now!

yellar

Reaction score
That sticker on the website is just telling you how long it might take if you order your phone now. Whatever it said when you did order it should still be operative. I take it yours hasn't shipped yet?

Nope hasn't shipped yet. I was over cruising android cent. forums and some folks that ordered them on Friday and Saturday have them already while people who ordered on Tursday haven't heard anything or have been told the 27th. I dunno I hope to get an email with tracking tomorrow. I ordered mine around 2pm cst Friday so who knows it seems like a crapshoot right now.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
When my fedex email said my X wasn't gonna be delivered until the 20th I was so upset and bummed especially having to go the whole weekend empty handed...
but now seeing all the delays and other people who ordered earlier that i getting screwed, man i'm just feeling lucky and glad that i'm just getting my X tomorrow.

I really feel VZW should step up and offer the people who ordered on the 15th get some type of credit on their account or gift card etc...

SDroid87

Reaction score
I ordered mine online on the 16th. I checked the order status website this morning and it said it had shipped. I checked it again a few hours later and it is back to saying 'your order has been processed and will be shipped based on availability and shipping method.' So who knows when it will actually ship.

Last edited:

tmoney2007

Reaction score
When my fedex email said my X wasn't gonna be delivered until the 20th I was so upset and bummed especially having to go the whole weekend empty handed...
but now seeing all the delays and other people who ordered earlier that i getting screwed, man i'm just feeling lucky and glad that i'm just getting my X tomorrow.

I really feel VZW should step up and offer the people who ordered on the 15th get some type of credit on their account or gift card etc...

If you complained, they might do it, but why would those people be entitled to something like that? There is a finite number of these devices in the world... if you order after the current stock has been claimed, you are going to have to wait. It is as simple as that. If you order and they give you a date, and then keep pushing it back, then you have a valid gripe, but if you miss out on the first run and get your phone on the day that they originally said it would be delivered, what's the big problem?

We don't have any numbers, but it seems like it is doing very well, which is good for verizon and android and us too. Better sales means more incentive ton innovate in the phones, and for verizon it means more profits and more money to roll out LTE sooner.

cloutier

Reaction score
supposedly the 8/3 ship date is for any phones ordered on or after the 19th of july. anything before that (like myself on the 15th) will be shipped on or by the 23rd of july.

yellar

Reaction score
supposedly the 8/3 ship date is for any phones ordered on or after the 19th of july. anything before that (like myself on the 15th) will be shipped on or by the 23rd of july.

I sure hope this is true since I ordered on the 16th. I was trying to remember if they had a "will ship by" sticker when I ordered mine. Either way I hope to get it shipped by the 23rd.

jtdiddy

Reaction score

If you complained, they might do it, but why would those people be entitled to something like that? There is a finite number of these devices in the world... if you order after the current stock has been claimed, you are going to have to wait. It is as simple as that. If you order and they give you a date, and then keep pushing it back, then you have a valid gripe, but if you miss out on the first run and get your phone on the day that they originally said it would be delivered, what's the big problem?

We don't have any numbers, but it seems like it is doing very well, which is good for verizon and android and us too. Better sales means more incentive ton innovate in the phones, and for verizon it means more profits and more money to roll out LTE sooner.

No i think you're missing my point. I was referring specifically to the customers who supposedly ordered first online at 12:01am or 1am on launch day but due to some system glitch their orders never went in and now have been delayed but some people who ordered way after them got their DX faster

woot505

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I went Wal-Mart, the lady told me they got two droid x's in and YES they still had both of them. So I got mine yesterday at my local Wal-Mart!!!!!! No one thought to ask there. I paid $199.00, no mail in rebate, automatic rebate!!!! So try your local Wal-Marts!!!!!

garath

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I went Wal-Mart, the lady told me they got two droid x's in and YES they still had both of them. So I got mine yesterday at my local Wal-Mart!!!!!! No one thought to ask there. I paid $199.00, no mail in rebate, automatic rebate!!!! So try your local Wal-Marts!!!!!

If they honored the ne2, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

laokai

Reaction score
I ordered 9am EST on the 15th and mine is coming tomorrow (Wed, 21st).

Immolate

Reaction score
Mine is due today. FedEx says it's on the truck for delivery. Delicious anticipation. It's funny how when you get old enough, you start enjoying stuff like that... lol.

cloutier

Reaction score
ordered mine at 12.20p on the 15th...no clue when its coming...

:-/

tmoney2007

Reaction score
No i think you're missing my point. I was referring specifically to the customers who supposedly ordered first online at 12:01am or 1am on launch day but due to some system glitch their orders never went in and now have been delayed but some people who ordered way after them got their DX faster

Oh yeah, I'd complain about that.