Droid X pushed back to 8/3 now!

the5rivers

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone waiting, the date has now been pushed back to 8/3 via the VZW website.

I am waiting too (for a replacement device), and this sucks.

VegaLA

Reaction score
Cackinell.
Makes me all the more thankfull I just happened to find the last unti in my local Walmart just by chance!

DNoMac

Reaction score
This poor display of inventory management is perplexing. I probably would have already gotten an Incredible if they had their shvt together. I'm debating between the two now, but am considering waiting it out for the Samsung. Is Verizon to blame or the manufacturer? I know HTC had the issues with the AMOLED screens, but what is Motorola or Verizon's excuse for this?

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
This poor display of inventory management is perplexing. I probably would have already gotten an Incredible if they had their shvt together. I'm debating between the two now, but am considering waiting it out for the Samsung. Is Verizon to blame or the manufacturer? I know HTC had the issues with the AMOLED screens, but what is Motorola or Verizon's excuse for this?

Well, at least for the DI, it was the screen manufacturer's who couldnt keep up with demand, as well as shortages of AMOLED screens. As for the X, I have no idea.

stam101

Reaction score
Interesting. I will keep an eye on this as i plan to get one on 8/11.

Just logged in Verizon's website and as of 7:57 CDT it says available 7/27.

Last edited:
OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
Interesting. I will keep an eye on this as i plan to get one on 8/11.

Yeah, I mean according to what another user said in another forum, since Moto is using a LCD screen that is not in shortage, hopefully the turnaround to manufacture them will be faster. So hoping it will be before 8/3. But then again who knows, the date this morning was 7/27 and then later this afternoon it changed to 8/3. Crossing my fingers!

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Just found that out today when I ordere my 2nd DroidX. :(
One good thing about VZW, they let me upgrade 8 months into my contract. :)

cloutier

Reaction score
maybe the 7/23 date is for the people that ordered last week, and they have gone through the second batch already (before its even in their hands), and they're not working on the third batch and that's the new date, 8/3.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
maybe the 7/23 date is for the people that ordered last week, and they have gone through the second batch already (before its even in their hands), and they're not working on the third batch and that's the new date, 8/3.

Hmm that may or may not be the case. When I called this morning to do an exchange, the CSR said I would be getting it on or by 7/27 still, and she said that date included all the backorders and new orders being placed. The 8/3 date didnt update till about a couple of hours ago on the VZW website, so who knows. We shall see what happens!

omnicious

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same site or if time around me is just relatively slower but I'm looking at the Verizon site right now and it's still saying 7/27

ninefall

Reaction score
You know, with the state of our economy I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if this was on purpose. Keep the manufacturers inventory levels as low as possible so they dont have a bunch sitting around forever. Imagine how many RAZRs motorola had laying around after they ran their course.
Of course I could be completely wrong.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same site or if time around me is just relatively slower but I'm looking at the Verizon site right now and it's still saying 7/27

Weird. I am in Cali, and I just checked again, its definitely 8/3 on mine. Attached thumbnail.

Last edited:

omnicious

Reaction score

Weird. I am in Cali, and I just checked again, its definitely 8/3 on mine. I could post a picture of it, but dunno how.
Mind linking the site so I can take a look? Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong site. Or maybe VZW hates California?