Droid X pushed back to 8/3 now!

skelt11

Reaction score
dancedroid
Just found that out today when I ordere my 2nd DroidX. :(
One good thing about VZW, they let me upgrade 8 months into my contract. :)

HOW DID YOU SWING THAT???? Ive been trying and everyone keeps telling me no.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same site or if time around me is just relatively slower but I'm looking at the Verizon site right now and it's still saying 7/27

Weird. I am in Cali, and I just checked again, its definitely 8/3 on mine. I could post a picture of it, but dunno how.
Mind linking the site so I can take a look? Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong site. Or maybe VZW hates California?

Check my original post too, I attached a thumbnail.

here is the link:

Enter your location

omnicious

Reaction score
Weird. I am in Cali, and I just checked again, its definitely 8/3 on mine. I could post a picture of it, but dunno how.
Mind linking the site so I can take a look? Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong site. Or maybe VZW hates California?

Check my original post too, I attached a thumbnail.

here is the link:

Enter your location
I clicked on your link and it's still shows 7/27 for me. I think it's just for some states like Cali.

cloutier

Reaction score
i'm sure android central has been tipped off and will try and get an official statement from verizon.

omnicious

Reaction score
I dun remember if you can change the zip code or something but I suggest changing it to another zip code (77459) and see if it changes the date.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
I dun remember if you can change the zip code or something but I suggest changing it to another zip code (77459) and see if it changes the date.

Did that too, just used your zip. Says 8/3 as well. Maybe the system hasnt been updated on your end but I dunno. Either way its a delay lol.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U

How did you pull that off?

I'd definitely like to know that too. Unless you're on a one year contract at the moment I'm not sure how that would work.

dancedroid

I was told 3 times no. I am on a two year contract that I renewed when the first Droid came out on 11.06.09

Early renew is in November. I *****ed that I have been a long time customer that loyalty should mean something.

I guess I found the right supervisor and got the phone on order. :)

omnicious

Reaction score

dancedroid

I was told 3 times no. I am on a two year contract that I renewed when the first Droid came out on 11.06.09

Early renew is in November. I *****ed that I have been a long time customer that loyalty should mean something.

Awesome. Any chance you kept the guy's name? Or extension? Or friend him on facebook?

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U

dancedroid

Awesome. Any chance you kept the guy's name? Or extension? Or friend him on facebook?

She was a Supervisor, her name was Lonnie. I also talked to her Supervisor Sarah and gave Lonnie kudos.

Immolate

Reaction score
Think of it from Verizon's and Motorola's perspective. The have to estimate demand based on a great deal of historical information, but in the end they're still just spitting in the wind and hoping to stay dry. From the words we saw coming from them in the run-up to the 15th, I suspect the came in way to the optimistic side of the scenarios that they considered, preferring to sit on a little stock than to disappoint customers. In spite of that, they significantly underestimated demand and they are playing catchup. It's likely that the factories are gearing up as quickly as they can. It's frustrating and disappointing to have to wait... I appreciate that more than you know... but I understand their point of view as well. It would be terrible if they badly overestimated and wound up having to lay off a bunch of workers because their salary was sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the land of unwanted mobile phones.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I find this a little disturbing. How do you build up the hype for an item and then not be able to meet the demand. I bet that Jobs device always meets their demand. Shortages of supply can risk a company from loosing new business, especially those that were on the fence. I do not remember them coming up short on the Droid 1.

Or is this a ploy to make people think that they need to rush out and get this item because it may not be available tomorrow. You can certainly catch a new person or someone that just has to have an item on the first day, but I like to sit back and wait to see what all of the bugs are before I go renewing a 2 year contract.

Immolate

Reaction score
Well here's a thought exercise for you. Today, before we know the actual numbers from Verizon, though we know a lot more about how the X was received than Verizon did when they were making the decisions, today try to estimate how many you would have had on hand opening day, and how fast you would produce them (50k/week) or whatever. Then when we find out the actual sales, we'll be in a position to judge just how well you guessed. The point is, it isn't easy to guess. and the more complex you make your guesses, the more likely they are to be wildly wrong. No matter how you do it, you're a lot more likely to be wrong than right, with each situation bringing its own little version of hell. I'm inclined to cut them some slack. I don't have my phone yet.

yellar

Reaction score
Well I am not gonna sleep much until I get one. I ordered mine last friday and it said they would ship by the 23rd then, shortly after, I think on the 24th it said the 28th until today and it now says the 3rd. I am hoping the theory of first batch sold the second was for the 23rd and the 3rd is the next one avaliable. I want my droid x like yesterday. :)

Immolate

Reaction score
That sticker on the website is just telling you how long it might take if you order your phone now. Whatever it said when you did order it should still be operative. I take it yours hasn't shipped yet?