DROID X or DROID 3

Dad23Boys77

Reaction score
So I am currently an owner of a DROID x (that is no longer rooted because of an OTA update I did after an SBF) and my wife just got the DROID 3. Verizon is running a promotion and we could get a 2nd DROID 3 for free. I know the obvious differences between the 2 of them. The X having the bigger screen the D3 having the qwerty keyboard and the front and rear facing cameras, etc.

I just wanted to get some opinions from some of the more tech savvy forum members out there about which phone is better of the 2? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd personally go with the 3, my friend has one and it's pretty cool. Didn't have much time to mess around with it though.

I suggest you use your wifes phone for a bit and try everything. That'll lead you to your final decision.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Definitely the Droid 3. My local local store didn't have it, dunno why, but one another few miles off did. Comparing to the X2, or most other phones in the store, it blows them out of the water. The 4inch screen makes pentile easier to stand, since there's less pixelization, there's a front facing camera, has gingerbread already, etc. Go for it if it's free!
And don't let those LTE gripers scare you out of it, 4G isn't an absolute requirement.

Al Neri

Reaction score
This seems like a no brainer. I cannot think of anything better about the X. The Droid 3 is by far the better phone and it's free for you to boot.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Droid 3, but, I may be biased. ;) All kidding? aside, it truly is a great phone for all the reasons listed above.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
As of right now, the X. Because MotoBLUR is terrible and you can't root the D3. Yet.

CM74DX

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blur on the D3 isn't that bad, a lot of people are saying that actually like it.. but, I do agree with the root part. But that's just a matter of time, really. And when we get it, just makes it even more better then X. And if they don't root it, Stock D3 > Stock X.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums