droid x keeps freezing up repeatedly...any help?

tracker1502

Reaction score
Ok, i just bought my gf a new droid x. came brand new. I loaded liberty 1.0 and BigDX pink but the phone now freezes up. It will freeze up either when plugged in, while texting on it, playing music...ect.... not rhyme or reason.

any thoughts on what might be causing it?

ZacHolley

Reaction score
I am having this issue on 1.5 liberty and cannot figure out why I am not overclocked or anything.....

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
I had that issue with liberty 1.0 and i switched to 1.5 and was fine. just the opposite of yours. the only thing with me is that i put 1.0 on both phones, they froze every now and then....i switched both to 1.5 and no problems what so ever now.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious, but it is clearly caused by the fact that you are running a non-standard OS.

I am betting that if you SBF the phone, it runs fine...

Ivory

Reaction score
I'm not rommed or rooted, but I have seen the gps cause this when it can't get a signal and you cancel the app while it's still trying. Worse yet, a batterey pull doesn't stop it. In these cases you just have to get the gps turned off (and be patient ).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cnorm5623

Reaction score
Mine was doing that and it came down to better keyboard. Uninstalled that and prob went away. Don't know if you have that installed or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't have that app installed.

I did a complete wipe of the data and cache, then installed the Maderstcok file, then did a factory reset. Booted into a clean OS, installed my apps and set up my wallpaper and screens the way that I want. I then rooted and installed Bootstrap and then made a nandroid backup of that clean system with my apps and settings.

Then I went in and renamed/deleted all the bloatware, set up my Autokiller memory settings and the rest of my tweaks, and then used Bootstrap to make a nandroid backup of that.

So I now have two nandroid backups on my SD card that I can restore from in case I hose something, or when the next OTA update comes out and I need that bloat intact in order to apply the update.

Hopefully this fixes it, or at least tides me over until a better phone comes out.