My Droid X screen keeps freezing - home/back/search keys still work...

StoicX

Reaction score
The touch screen on my Droid X keeps freezing. I don't have a task killer, I don't have virus protection, I have hardly any apps at all and none that should be running all the time I think. I have done factory resets and dont know what else to do. It seems to freeze most while texting, when the touch screen is vital. (My phone froze 7 times while typing this for 5-15 seconds at a time.) Please help!! Im at a loss...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The touch screen on my Droid X keeps freezing. I don't have a task killer, I don't have virus protection, I have hardly any apps at all and none that should be running all the time I think. I have done factory resets and dont know what else to do. It seems to freeze most while texting, when the touch screen is vital. (My phone froze 7 times while typing this for 5-15 seconds at a time.) Please help!! Im at a loss...

Yeah, this doesn't sound good. Your not rooted right? I'm afraid you're going to have to exercise your warranty options. If a factory data restore didn't fix it and based on what you say you're running in it, get another one.

OP
S

StoicX

Reaction score
Yeah I don't have any mods at all on the phone. Completly stock. Im trying to get my insurance transfered over with asurion but they're being difficult. Thanks for the fast reply!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Was it always like that?
You did a hard reset, did it freeze after the reset and before reinstalling apps?
Did you install a new launcher, if so did you remove all the Widgets from the default launcher first?

OP
S

StoicX

Reaction score
It has frozen like this since I got it a few days ago. Before and after the reset. I don't know about the other question though. I know that its up to date with the OS it's at 2.2 or 2.3... whatever. I'm thinking I just have a bad phone.

OP
S

StoicX

Reaction score
Ok so I just wanted to give an update to you guys. I took my phone in to Verizon and they have agreed to replace it. Thanks again for all of the help, hopefully my next one isn't such a drag.

K

Krazykleo

This last friday I THINK I got an update(I'm not sure what the issue was) I rebooted my phone as suggested, after the reboot my home button (amongst other issues) stopped working.

Seriously? Wth?