Droid X is totally dead - any way to fix?

washburnmav

Reaction score
Last night my Droid X totally and completely died. One second it was at almost full battery, the next it was off. It wouldn't respond to anything. Not even the green light would come on when I plugged it into the wall charger. I tried everything - took out the battery, took out the sdcard, tried to boot it without the battery, etc. The only response I could get whatsoever is the green light rapidly flashing for about 5 seconds when I plugged it into the wall charger without the battery.

I took it into the verizon store today and they said they had no clue what was wrong, but it was totally fried, and needed to be replaced - but I'm out of warranty and don't have insurance :((((. I switched over to my buddy's old droid 1 for now, but is there any way I can fix this Droid X? Plus, they said they could only let me trade it in for $30 towards a new phone, but if it turned on it would cost $150!

Is there anything I can do?

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
I'm not sure how this is resolved. Try to use somebody's fully charged battery and see what happens. Other than that, you may need to get a new Droid X. (or a new motherboard...?)

OP
washburnmav

washburnmav

Reaction score
They tried a different battery at the store to no avail :(

So I'm pretty much screwed?

OP
washburnmav

washburnmav

Reaction score
No, the Droid X wasn't modified at all, nor was it rooted.

Yes I tried all of the different booting options, with zero response from anything.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
No, the Droid X wasn't modified at all, nor was it rooted.

Yes I tried all of the different booting options, with zero response from anything.

oh man... That's bad... I was going to suggest the bootloader boot. that's bad if it didn't work! =/ I would assume you've tried to get into recovery as well?... If I think of any other options I'll be sure to post!

Reaction score
Check the moto site. Mine died, and it was over a year since I purchased. Verizon wouldnt do anything. the moto site said it was still under warranty so I sent it in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums