droid x hard key lights OFF script

ratcrib

Reaction score
In the process of trying to figure out why one of my two DX's hard keys is brighter than the other, I made a small script to just turn the stupid things off.

Anyone using AdjBrightness to turn off the lights knows that the app also kills the screen auto brightness, so this is a way to turn them off and still have auto bright work.

I'm using ScriptManager since it has a run at boot feature, but you could probably also run it manually after boot using GScript lite.

Just create a text file and place the code below in it and then rename it to KeyLightsOff.sh or whatever you want.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-cpcap-adb/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/devices/platform/leds-cpcap-adb/leds/button-backlight/brightness

hi. total noob here. i have droid x pre-rooted gingerbread. how do i implement this code? can you please do me a step-by-step? thanks in advance.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
As stated, copy the text into a text file and name it 'lightsoff.sh' You then need to copy it to your phone and place on the sd card. Install "Script Manager" app free from the Android market.
Open the app, and click run script. Browse to where yu saved the above named script and run it.

OP
ratcrib

ratcrib

Reaction score
thanks very much, m8. hopefully this will turn them off for good since mine are covered by otterbox cover...