Droid X Gallery Closing When Opened

Eric_Neff

Reaction score
When I'm on my phone, i open up the gallery, then it just closes. I can only view my camera roll items my going on my camera> then going to my camera roll pictures from there. I tried to take out my SD card then putting it back in when the gallery is open and it starts loading my files. Then it quits again.... Any help?

JBWhitley

Reaction score
I am having the same issues on my X. This just started within the past couple of days. I tried to think of apps that I updated that may be causing the issue, but I can't remember what I updated.

I am going to keep looking around to see what I can find. Hopefully we will be able to fix this.

OP
E

Eric_Neff

Reaction score
But won't that delete all of the files on my SD card and Phone Memory?

JBWhitley

Reaction score
I didn't have an issue with it. Just keep in mind that it has to repopulate all of the thumbnails. This will take a while. I have about 300 files that it went through and it took probably 10-15 minutes.

All your doing is clearing the data on those three sections. This isn't deleting the files, but deleting the cache that is available for quick reference.

You could always do a back up of the pictures by copying the SD to the hard drive.

OP
E

Eric_Neff

Reaction score
ok, ill try that but before i do that I'm going to back up all of the files that i have, and when i was on that page on my phone you told me to go go, settings>applications>manage apps> etc. It didn't give me the option to clear the cache. It only gave me the option to clear the data.

JBWhitley

Reaction score
It is the same thing, cache and data (at least in this location it is). you may not have the option to clear the data on all three sections. I could only clear it on the third point. The other two were already clear.

OP
E

Eric_Neff

Reaction score
I hit clear data on the application manager and it didn't do anything

JBWhitley

Reaction score
You probably wont see it do much at all.

If you tap "clear data" under the "storage" section it should take all the numbers in that section to 0.00

Keep in mind that you will have to do all three sections listed.

If this doesn't work, I am not sure what the problem is. You can always download 3D Gallery, bit I don't think you can uninstall it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JBWhitley

Reaction score
Gallery
Media container service
Media storage

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Snow02

Reaction score
A for sure fix is to copy the contents of your sd card to your computer, format the sd card, copy everything back.

OP
E

Eric_Neff

Reaction score
okay now it says there are no pictures to display

Snow02

Reaction score
Put it back in charge only mode or unplug the usb cable.

JBWhitley

Reaction score
okay now it says there are no pictures to display

Eric - What was the last thing you did?

I mean, did you try to make a backup and possibly move the files instead of copying? How long did you let it look for pictures after you did the three steps?