Droid X cutting off songs

ioiujdj

Reaction score
Hello all. I have decided to begin using my Droid X as my main .mp3 player. It works great so far, but I noticed that it cut the last few seconds off a few of my songs (but not all of them, as far as I noticed). I have about 1600 songs on the droid, used Windows Media Player to sync it, and was playing them with the default music app. Just now I dragged one of the files on the Droid back onto my desktop, and WMP played it fine. Has anybody had a similar issue/know how to fix it?

dbimaginz

Reaction score
Cutting off Song

My Droid x does the same thing. So far i think it is only songs that were imported from Itunes, at least that it what it seems like. Any solution?

OP
I

ioiujdj

Reaction score
No luck yet, though I confirmed it only happens on some songs. I am going to try dragging and dropping the songs t
o the sd card and see if that helps.

dbimaginz

Reaction score
Got it

Find the itunes music folder, right click and select send to droid, when it asks you to convert the files select NO. You will get better images and the files will not cut off!

OP
I

ioiujdj

Reaction score
This solution did not work for me. It also seemed to mess up the song tags on random songs. Syncing with Motorola's Media program did not help either. I tried playing the songs on multiple media programs (doubletwist and the default one) and both cut off the last 3 or 4 seconds of songs. I also determined that it was only cutting off .WMA file types. This is rather frustrating, as 99% of my songs are WMA since they were ripped with Windows Media Player. Have people with other phones had this problem, or is this a Droid X thing?

naknak95

Reaction score
There have been glitches/bugs with the Droid and Droid X. I have glitches with gallery and I have a friend who has the same problem with his Droid X. Hopefully Googe will have a fix soon.

Ben52

Reaction score
Same prob

My droid x does the same thing. My souce files-wma's and mp3's- are fine on my computer.... Is 2.2 gonna fix this?

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
yeah.. same problem

I just posted my own thread on this. Wish I'd seen this one first.

Same thing - wma files, cutoff last four seconds of every song, independent of the player used. with or without headphones.
This is not itunes related. I ripped all of these files with WMP.
Someone above mentioned that they notice this with only certain songs, but this happens with ALL of my music files.

Very frustrating!!!

Last edited:

STRATMAN

Reaction score
Same problem here

I'm having exactly the same problem with my WMA's -- hundreds of them. I don't want to have to go through the excruciating process of converting them all to MP3's. Very frustrating. Google, are you listening?
:mad::mad::mad:

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
...cutting off WMA files...

I'm having exactly the same problem with my WMA's -- hundreds of them. I don't want to have to go through the excruciating process of converting them all to MP3's. Very frustrating. Google, are you listening?
:mad::mad::mad:

Not a google problem. Motorola is working on this and indicated the fix will be in a future update, but didn't say when. Probably too much to hope that it would be included as part of the 2.2 download.