My droid doesn't upload my songs in order

sphinxriddle

Reaction score
I followed all the instructions to a "T". I was able upload all the songs I have on my computer onto my Droid..yay! However, I'm a big fan of listening to operas and musicals. Which means, the songs I download HAVE to download in order. Both operas and musicals tell a story within the song order. I checked to see if maybe the songs didn't upload into Windows Media Player correctly, but they are in order. Everything on my computer is perfectly fine. I went so far as to change the artists of the particular score to the name of the album trying to ensure the integrity of the song order would remain. It still will not sync to the Droid in order. What can I do to fix this problem?

kpmedia

Reaction score
Is it sync'ing in alpha order?

My cheat for MP3 players has always been to number the songs.

01 Album 1 Part 1.mp3
02 Album 1 Part 2
11 Album 2 Part 1

You get the idea.

Yeah, renaming files may be a pain, but it's easier than dealing with stubborn devices. At least for me.

Give that a shot. If nothing else, it's a faster solution, known to work.

rolo_tamazi

Reaction score
If the MP3 tags are incomplete or incorrect (wrong artist, album, track number, etc...) you'll need to use a tag editor to correct them. Or you can do as KP says and just edit the file names and number them in order. That would be the easiest thing to do I guess.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Load the music on iTunes and use Double Twist to bring your tuneage over. :)