droid x crashed after setting lcd density...too low im guessing and wont reset

protoolsman

Reaction score
I sure hope someone can help me out here.....i was running the app droid overclock by jrumm....and it was working beautiful....was able to overclock with no problem....i backed my phone up using titanium backup so i would have a backup....the problem is that i adjusted the LCD density and the first time it looked awesome so i thought i would move it down just a little bit more and......ugh!!!!! when it reboots it just keeps rebooting....when i try to restart phone from file on sdcard it will not let me see any backup files....i have no way to reset the LCD density....the phone will come on every once in a while and the screen is showing a wallpaper i havent seen before....it looks great but the settings are too low and i cant get any icons to appear and none of the buttons will bring up anything because the resolution wont allow it to display anything...this is all guesssing on my part ....im new to rooting my phone....ive built computers and played around with some software but not much knowledge here....can someone help me out....i still have a year left on keeping this phone before i can update to a new one..........thanks for your help in advance........I SHOULD HAVE LEFT WELL ENOUGH ALONE!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
My advice would be to flash an SBF (if the X has one... if it does, I have no clue where to get it), reroot your phone, then (possibly flash the ROM you were using if applicable) reflash your latest backup of before you messed with the LCD density with the same exact app or bootstrap that you used. If you flashed a ROM, I would suggest flashing that ROM again before installing a backup, but I don't think it would be necessary.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm pretty sure that someone else that has a Droid X could help you further than I can.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You have two options... Sbf.. Is the second option... the first option is a lot simpler... Do you have Adb set up? If not you'll need to get it set up.. Then pull the build prop file change it back.. Then push it back... And you'll be fine

Post script: are you running a rom?

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

Last edited:
OP
P

protoolsman

Reaction score
thanks man but it doesnt have an sbf....for some reason i cant see my backup files on my sdcard when i do a reboot...it says update from sdcard but when i go there i cant find any backup files only files that have nothing to do with my backups....

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks man but it doesnt have an sbf....for some reason i cant see my backup files on my sdcard when i do a reboot...it says update from sdcard but when i go there i cant find any backup files only files that have nothing to do with my backups....

actually the x does have sbf files out for it..if it gets to that

OP
P

protoolsman

Reaction score
hey nemo,
sounds great only thing is i have been looking for an adb file to put on my compujter and havent found one.....do you know where i can find one.....i tried googling it...not much luck....also when i get the file on my computer will it do all the work or do i have to know a procedure to get it done.....i know i sound like i know nothing but i guess thats because i havent had much experience with rooting...etc....etc.... so any help you can give me please dol.....thanks for your info

OP
P

protoolsman

Reaction score
Hey Nemo,
I found a file.....vrz_MB870_4.5 1-DTN.....would this be the adb file for the droid x?\

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's all good... Yes you will have to tell it what to do... But I can tell you the commands you'll need...
And yes there is an easy way to get things set up.. Thanks to Chevy... One sec I'll go grab you the link

OP
P

protoolsman

Reaction score
ok thats good to know....i will wait for your link.....

OP
P

protoolsman

Reaction score
thanks so much Nemo.....im on a very slow mobile modem in my work trk...incase you cant tell....my computer is soooo slow updating this thread...you already answer me before my reply even hits the page....! thanks again..........

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha... your welcome... Let me know when you got it set up