Droid x contacts sync

jackb

Reaction score
I cannot sync (download) my droid x contact to my Hyundai Santa fe. According to the user guide I am supposed to speak the command "Phonebook"...but that command is not allowed.

All other functions appear to be working correctly...pairing etc.

bobel

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the new Santa Fe I just got. Did you happen to find a solution to the problem?

the_chemist

Reaction score
How to sync phonebook from Droid X to Santa Fe

I just bought a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe on 4/20/2011.

I also had the problem of my Droid X not wanting to sync the phonebook/contacts to the Santa Fe.

I discovered how to get it to work by accident. I wanted to see if the Santa Fe would see the Droid X as a mass storage device (which it did).

When I connected my Droiod X to the Santa Fe via a USB cable the droid X came up with a message on the screen about sharing the phonebook. I checked the always box and low and behold the phonebook and all my contacts downloaded to the Santa Fe.

The next time I entered the vehicle and connected my phone via Bluetooth, a message came up on my navigation screen saying that the contacts were updating.

It's been working every time now.

Hope this helps you both!

Now I have a question for anyone who can answer it for me.

My Droid X will not ring through the audio system of the Santa Fe when receiving a call. I do however get the incoming call message up on the navigation screen and the audio volume of the CD, Radio or XM mutes to receive the call but the stupid phone will not ring through the vehicle speakers!

Anybody figure out how to get that to work?

The Santa Fe owner's manual sais the phone should ring through the vehicle audio system speakers.

Thanks