Droid X Car Dock - MPH display.....Where did it go?

Ima2Dori

Reaction score
I have the X, actually, it's the second one......the first had a bug.

Originally, when in the Car Dock, my speed showed up in the lower right hand corner. Then it went away. Then it came back.

Now, on X #2, it isn't showing again.......and I've gone into settings to have it show my speed in MPH, not KPH, but I'm not seeing anything!

Help, please!

Really, it shows the MPH!?!
I'm getting one of those next week.

Sorry I don't have any help.

I'm guessing the MPH is shown off gps.
-In the location and security, check to make sure use wireless networks, gps satellites, and enable assisted GPS.
You also might be losing connection with GPS satellites.
Also might possibly be in conflict with a task killer if you use one.

Again i don't have a car dock, yet, but that's where i would start. Good Luck

Last edited:
Really, it shows the MPH!?!
I'm getting one of those next week.

Yep, sure does......er, it DID, anyway! LOL
Kept me looking up at the road, instead of down at my speedometer. I felt it was actually safer, despite the "using this car dock could make you crash and burn" warning! LOL

I'll check the GPS......thanks for the tip! :)

Ooops...

My bad... the MPH showed up in the lower LEFT hand corner....not right!!:blink:

The MPH only shows up when you are using NAV Mode. Not Google Maps. Just an FYI.

The MPH only shows up when you are using NAV Mode. Not Google Maps. Just an FYI.

Actually on mine, it only shows up when I go into the Car Dock, and then click "my location" and then start moving. If I'm in Navigation, it doesn't show up then either. :(

Drove me nuts one day trying to figure out where it went, because I was trying to get it in navigation.

Check the market for an app called "Car home (beta)"... Shows speed (and direction, and local weather) always when your docked.

I much prefer it to the stock car home!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually on mine, it only shows up when I go into the Car Dock, and then click "my location" and then start moving. If I'm in Navigation, it doesn't show up then either. :(

Drove me nuts one day trying to figure out where it went, because I was trying to get it in navigation.

+1 with a vengeance...drove me nuckin' futs

Back