GPS and Calendar issues

mavisky

Reaction score
Ok, so I've only had mine a couple days but have a couple questions about interface and options amongst various programs.

Phone is a Droid X running the factory 2.1 software from Verizon.

1. Navigation - i've got the car dock and I either have to run the car dock based "my location" in which I get my mph display (helpful since the speedo is off on my lifted Excursion) but the map doesn't track with me (North is always up), or I can use the Navigation feature but lose the mph display.

Is there anyway to get the mph displayed onto the Google navigation or get the standard Google Maps program to rotate as I drive?

Side note, is there any other way to directly access "My Location" where it shows the GPS since I prefer to use My Auto Home so I can have more than 1 custom app on my dashboard?

2. Facebook - I don't use this for much other than actually monitoring friend's birthdays and the old blackberry facebook app used to update me via email notifications about those birthdays, is there anything like this for Android 2.1?

I tried fdcal.com to sink this info with my google calendars, but it seems that the latest updates from Facebook have rendered this app almost completely useless.