Car Dock Navigation Problem

mjlater

Reaction score
Just purchased the car dock for my Droid X. Love it! One problem....

When I dock my X I get the six big buttons. When I select "my location" to access the navigation in car dock mode the navigation is stuck in "north up". I would rather it follow me in 3D like the regular google navigation. I want to use the "my location" feature in dock mode instead because it displays MPH and direction. I have read up on the problem but havent found a fix. Anyone have one?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Nope, if you use "my location" it will only show the aerial view because there are no settings to change the view. I liked having MPH displayed but couldn't stand having the aerial view. You could try submitting something to Google to see if they can make MPH display on the google maps navigation...

OP
M

mjlater

Reaction score
Thaks for the replies guys. I have the speedview app but I would like something all in one. The regular 3D navigation is great but lack speed and direction and my location is great because it includes MPH and direction but lack 3D view. Fustrating. What i have done is selected the navigation app as my custom and use that instead.

In a perfect world "my location" would give you the 3D view option and show only the map and no other options unless you touched the screen. After you touched the screen the options would appear while still showing the map like it currently does. Google if you are listening I bet i speak for all that use "my location" in car dock mode!!!