DROID X battery problem.

777BMWfan

Reaction score
So I got a Droid x because it had cool features and alot of people said it had "godly" battery life. Well today I unplugged it and played angry birds for about 10 minutes and my battery was.already down to 70% (I know that the battery % counts down by 10's and could mean 70-79) but 79% is still weird for 10 minutes of use. I had already done the drain your battery fully and over charge it a little. Im running ADW launcher with no updating widgets and 3 home screens and also uninstalled ATK and installed juice defender.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes several drain and recharge cycles to get the battery to its max potential.
Playing games on your phone can be a big drain on the battery. I can drain my X's battery in about 5 hours from a full charge under heavy usage of the forum app.

As a suggestion turn off wifi, GPS, and Bluetooth when your not using them. These can always be a major drain on the battery. Also use the back arrow to exit from apps like Google maps so that GPS is not active in the background and always use the exit function of an app if available.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP

777BMWfan

Reaction score
Thanks, I have all of those but do you think juice defender will help?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure I've never used it. You could give it a try and see of it works.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ai6pg

Reaction score
To keep battery, keep wifi on.
A wifi connection uses much less then wimax. Leaving wifi on won't hurt and will help.

Also uninstall any app killers. They use juice too. DroidX memory mgmt is fine.

YMMV

Petet

OP

777BMWfan

Reaction score
No luck, I came to the droid x over the evi only for battery life :(

OP

777BMWfan

Reaction score
Think I found it, I had face book on here and it kept syncing( had it on sync only on wifi) and trued removing the account from my phone. Removed the app and still can't delete the account on my phone.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That most likely is your problem. Constant syncing is a huge battery drain.

Also I had an Evo for a month but noticed that the battery was worse than my rooted, custom romed droid overclocked at 1.1ghz. That was in a 3g area. Detroit has no wimax yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP

777BMWfan

Reaction score

Also I had an Evo for a month but noticed that the battery was worse than my rooted, custom romed droid overclocked at 1.1ghz. That was in a 3g area. Detroit has no wimax yet.

thx for the help but now when i try to delete the face book account on my account page i keep getting an error

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
WiFi on while in a hotspot is better but not on all the time as most WiFi scans are done every 60 seconds when not connected. Also, OP is on a Droid X which means they aren't using WiMax (WiFi) anyway but EVDO REV-A (3G). WiMax is Sprint, not Verizon. :)
OP, what's your display brightness on?

To keep battery, keep wifi on.
A wifi connection uses much less then wimax. Leaving wifi on won't hurt and will help.

Also uninstall any app killers. They use juice too. DroidX memory mgmt is fine.

YMMV

Petet

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You mean clearing data when you say "delete the account" right? If so, reboot and try again.

thx for the help but now when i try to delete the face book account on my account page i keep getting an error

DroidForums junkie!!

OP

777BMWfan

Reaction score
@droid does my brightness is on 20% I've tried reboot but it still says: an error occured plz try again later have no face book widgets and app is uninstalled.

z06mike

Reaction score
Download spare parts, then go to battery history, change "other usage" to partial wake usage and see what is staying on and using your battery. Report back.

z06mike

Reaction score
My X has been discharging for 7h 52m today and is still in the 60s with pretty moderate usage. I just purchased extended battery and it, obviously, has given me some extra juice, but either way my battery has always been very good. So right now I would be probably be sitting in the 50s with the stock battery.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@droid does my brightness is on 20% I've tried reboot but it still says: an error occured plz try again later have no face book widgets and app is uninstalled.

I'm confused (and tired). You don't have Facebook on your phone anymore?