Droid X Battery from 100%-0% in ~3 hours.

Getsome122

Reaction score
My brand new X is killing the battery at a phenominal rate. In three hrs and only a few texts sent it's down to 40%.

I even shut off updates while here at work and its showing 86% of the battery usage being done by the OS. And everything else is below 5%.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Big_Ron

Reaction score
Are you guys using live wall papers. That will kill a battery. My wove and I have been lucky. She uses hers on wifi and checks email and texts wile she plays wow at the and of the day not dead. My phone lasts all day with normal phone,text and email. On the weekends they will last almost two days. Not muching on lol. I use advance task killer froyo set to kill apps when screen goes dark.

Getsome122

Reaction score
No live wallpaper. Only things running are facebook and email and weather and thats it. I been force stopping all the preloaded junk that doesn't need to be running but I can't get rid of

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The preloaded junk doesn't do anything but sit there. Even loaded into memory it does not effect your battery. On the other hand the system constantly reloading the junk that you are constantly removing does use battery.

Get rid of your task killer for a few days and see how things look. Most of us don't use one and get pretty good battery life.

Getsome122

Reaction score
I don't have an app killer. Yesterday I didn't stop any of it and then today I created a shortcut to manage apps and manually stopped them to see if it made a difference. No difference.

Tonight with a few texts and a few posts here I had to recharge after five hrs. And now five hrs after the last recharge was complete I am at 20%. Though I did do a bit more later this evening its still dying way faster than other people I know that have an X and most with alot more apps running all the time. I will be visiting Verizon tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Getsome122

Reaction score
Today a person at Verizon tech support told me 5hrs was about average battery expectancy for this phone.

I laughed. Guess I will have to go into the store tomorrow

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
The preloaded junk doesn't do anything but sit there. Even loaded into memory it does not effect your battery. On the other hand the system constantly reloading the junk that you are constantly removing does use battery.

Get rid of your task killer for a few days and see how things look. Most of us don't use one and get pretty good battery life.

I replaced my usage of task killers with Watchdog...and I couldn't ask for better results. Keeps the phone healthier longer, too.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I replaced my usage of task killers with Watchdog...and I couldn't ask for better results. Keeps the phone healthier longer, too.

That is good info. Thanks. While reading up on your recommendation I came across a great article about task killers and more recent task management solutions. It wasn't much research, since it was linked to the apps information page, but since it provides such a clear explanation of the whats and whys I decided to share the link here.

Android Task Killers are Dead?Here's What You Should Be Doing - Tested

Getsome122

Reaction score
That's an interesting read for sure.

I keep coming back to thinking I am gonna have to do another factory reset and update again.

Reading alot of the other threads I keep seeing one thing that stands out making me think I got a bad update or something.

Everyone I see posting battery useage it stating droid system 5% android OS 5% display 10% cell standby 3% etc.... each app taking a few percent here and there. And all my readings ate similar except the Android OS. Mine has never been below 70% and seen it as high as 88%. And it shows its constantly running.

No one elses seems to be doing that. Guess since I already tried a factory reset I will be telling Verizon tomorrow that I want anothr phone if they can't figure something out

MegaSlammo

Reaction score

That is good info. Thanks. While reading up on your recommendation I came across a great article about task killers and more recent task management solutions. It wasn't much research, since it was linked to the apps information page, but since it provides such a clear explanation of the whats and whys I decided to share the link here.

Android Task Killers are Dead?Here's What You Should Be Doing - Tested

Well I will testify that everything on that page is true. And if you doubt any of it why not post a thread about it and see what some other avid androidites have to say? That'd be an interesting one for sure.

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
OH and if any of you opt to use Watchdog, make sure to use the help and actually utilize all the features. I use this app to its extent and my processor and battery are beastin on my X and Droid1gen.

staticx

Reaction score
When u first got the phone Did u fully charge the battery for like 3-5 hours before u used the phone?? IT Also needs to be Turned off too. If not that will do it.

Sent from my DROIDX

kimberlyr

Reaction score
I'm having the SAME problem. My phone is 2 months old and was working fine but over the last few days, I'm continually babysitting it and keeping it plugged in at work.