Droid X Battery Crisis?!?!

Fizban22

Reaction score
Alright so I have the Droid X, and the battery life on it was pretty good... I used to go almost a full day without a charge.

Anyway, i downloaded that new update yesterday, and at first the battery life seemed better

but...

i let the phone die completly last night then charged it up to 100 percent today and lo and behold, 10 hours later it is about to die...

does the update dramatically decrease the battery life of the DX?? i thought it was supposed to help...
if it in fact is a drain, is there anyway i can go back to before the update? ide rather sacrafice some performance speed in order to get that battery life back...

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Dunno. I suppose you can delete the update file from your SD card and do a factory data reset.Not sure if it will clear the update or not, but worth a try.

Nebben

Reaction score
Read the update info carefully...

The update stated that the battery indicator was giving false readings to begin with. This is supposed to be a more accurate reading. Maybe...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Dunno. I suppose you can delete the update file from your SD card and do a factory data reset.Not sure if it will clear the update or not, but worth a try.

No way to go back unless you have the device rooted and a sbf to reflash it.

erikfig

Reaction score
Well, ACCORDING TO ALLDROID.ORG A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ROOTED THE X SUCCESSFULLY. MAYBE I CAN BUY IT NOW...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol just becuase their is root doesnt mean their is going to be reflashing of sbf... root is su. Flashing is in bootloader. Bootloader is locked to my knowledge. i hope they find a way around it but at this moment, just because someone has root doesnt mean they can add custom roms and such. Su givs the ability to get the wifi tether and such...your basically able to go anywhere and do anything in the original motorola sbf on the phone... reflashing sbf means you need that bootloader, without that, im afraid he is stuck... im very impressed with birdman though... damn droid 2.1 still isnt rooted, he rooted the x quick. Id donate to him but i dont have a droid x so im just a dude in the stands for now. :icon_eek:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright so I have the Droid X, and the battery life on it was pretty good... I used to go almost a full day without a charge.

Anyway, i downloaded that new update yesterday, and at first the battery life seemed better

but...

i let the phone die completly last night then charged it up to 100 percent today and lo and behold, 10 hours later it is about to die...

does the update dramatically decrease the battery life of the DX?? i thought it was supposed to help...
if it in fact is a drain, is there anyway i can go back to before the update? ide rather sacrafice some performance speed in order to get that battery life back...

You just need to look hard at what is draining your battery. There are many reports all over several boards about the update doing exactly what it was advertised to do. I find it really hard to believe that it is doing exactly the opposite.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score

but...

You just need to look hard at what is draining your battery. There are many reports all over several boards about the update doing exactly what it was advertised to do. I find it really hard to believe that it is doing exactly the opposite.

ive been looking and what im doing is letting it die completly then charging it for a full day (i know on my old Blackberry Storm there was a difference between just charging it to say 100% as opposed to charging it for a full 24 hours)

but the reason i asked is cause i havent done anything different to my phone. since i updated it i havent added any more apps or anything, havent used it extraordinarily more than i did before, yet the battery drained a good 4 or 5 hours sooner than it was before the update

xbenzerox

Reaction score
Mine seems a little strange too. The first couple of days that I had it, it could go a full day. Now I've gotten a few apps and stuff, it seems AWFUL. I had it fully charged when I left for work adn I had to go home and get the charger at lunchtime. IT's only up to 40% now. I know I keep dicking around with it, but still....