Droid X as Droid Replacement?

radioz

Reaction score
Ok, I realize that the X is EOL at the end of the month, but here is the situation:

I just broke the screen on my beloved Droid 1G and need to get a quick replacement.

I'm NOT interested in 4G, so that rules out other choices. In addition, I want to roll with custom ROMs (I've been on UD ROMs for a long time; don't want to go back to stock)

I noticed that the Droid X has been suffering reset problems. Is this a major issue for a lot of people, or just a few?

Recommendations?

[Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm on Verizon]

(thx in advance)

Last edited:

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I just upgrded from an original Droid to the Droid X. No reset issues for me. Should have done this upgrade last summer. I am in an area where we just got complete 3G coverage last year so 4g does not interest me just like you. If the Droid X2 ever comes out and it's not 4g I intend to get it. You wil be pleased with the larger screen, more memory and a faster processor. I had my original Droid rooted and souped up to 1.2 ghz but the Droid X is faster with out any tweaking. I say go for it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just as an fyi there are more limitations to the roms available for the droid x due to the locked bootloader but there are still a lot of choices. i believe the ud rom for the x is out of rc and in working order, but i could be wrong.

Fightnfire

Reaction score
I just did the same, Droid to Droid X.

I have had two unexplained resets in two days, nothing major, but always while the phone is working hard. IE: Loading all apps in applications.

I have it rooted but not ROM's yet.

Rocko

Reaction score
While the end of its life may be near, what are your other options? If you are paying full boat or at least the upgrade price, get the thunderbolt. Even if you don't want the 4g, it's a faster phone than the X. If you are buying used then the X is a good choice.