Droid X as a computer, not necessarily a phone

twistle

Reaction score
Hi there, this is possibly a strange question, but I accidentally ended up with a droid x - and when I couldn't work around the rebooting issue, I moved to a thunderbolt as my actual phone, but the way it worked out, I have a droid X which is not my primary phone (and also a droid for that matter) and would like to use the SDK and play with programming them, not for use on a phone network particularly, but for wifi graphic devices.

and finally - the question! -

can I get from a phone which is sitting wanting me to call verizon and get it activated, to a stage where I have a computer that doesn't keep trying to activate itself on a network I don't want it to talk to...?

bsc504

Reaction score
Confusing question, I dont think the phone will try to activate itself in the future unless you call *228 or call verizon.

... Unless you are talking about the way far ahead skynet future.

Trenton

Reaction score
When you turn on the un activated droid x, tap all for corners clockwise from the top left..on the bottom taps, tap above the buttons... (on the background) you'll see...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

twistle

Reaction score
awesome thank you!

now I get to brick it on my own terms!

dancedroid

frruffell

Reaction score
Mee Too

Now that I have a new samsung Nexus I am playing around with my droid x. I am trying to useit as a video player using Real HDMI and AVI files, as well as streaming Netflix to my TV screen over my WIFI. Are there any other uses for my "retired" droid X. Another question is are there any other 4g models with an HDMI out available. Is the droid X upgradeable to 4G?