droid x 4g ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Is the X going to be 4g capable? I heard verizon will be trying to roll out 4g later this year or early 2011.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, The X will not be LTE.

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
With 4g coming out so soon they shouldn't be urging people to get stuck with a 3g phone. . But I guess that's business for ya

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Since 4g won't be wide spread for a while I don't think its a huge issue really.

Sent from my Droid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the X going to be 4g capable? I heard verizon will be trying to roll out 4g later this year or early 2011.

Nope...X is not LTE capable...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Since 4g won't be wide spread for a while I don't think its a huge issue really.

Sent from my Droid

Unless it's a dual band 3G 4G phone, I won't be buying one for a few years. Unless the roll out is quicker than planned.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

Sent from my Droid

Unless it's a dual band 3G 4G phone, I won't be buying one for a few years. Unless the roll out is quicker than planned.

I was informed (by a geeky VZW Corporate sales guy - yes, unreliable) that LTE is deployed in Lafayette, Indiana for the Purdue campus to have some limited test users on it, with plans on deploying here in Indianapolis in a few months. No clue when they flip the switch and turn it on here, though. Pure rumor, though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I was informed (by a geeky VZW Corporate sales guy - yes, unreliable) that LTE is deployed in Lafayette, Indiana for the Purdue campus to have some limited test users on it, with plans on deploying here in Indianapolis in a few months. No clue when they flip the switch and turn it on here, though. Pure rumor, though.

And what device are these supposed testers using to test it? Not much of a test since ALL of VZWs devices are still 3G CDMA. For this reason, i'd say the VZW guy was full of BS.

hendrix

Reaction score
If they are testing then they are handing out 4g phones to people. Someone has to be able to use it in order to test eh? :p

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

And what device are these supposed testers using to test it? Not much of a test since ALL of VZWs devices are still 3G CDMA. For this reason, i'd say the VZW guy was full of BS.

I am sure they have test devices to use that are not available to the public.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I am sure they have test devices to use that are not available to the public.

That's what my guess is. I do not know the true answer to the question though. I HIGHLY doubt that they "snuck" LTE functionality into a retail phone without anybody finding out.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Worrying about LTE/4G is a bit premature. Most areas won't have it for at least 12-18 months, and GOOD coverage in your areas for 18-30, at which point you'll be close to your 2-year or past it. I wouldn't avoid the X because of anything related to LTE/4G, bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.