4G

jimisbell

Reaction score
Verizon is now offering 4G. When I bought my Droid X i was really interested in the Sprint phone that had 4G but the salesman talked me out of it by saying, "When 4G becomes available on Verizon you will be able to upgrade."

Ok, its here now, but to what can I upgrade? Is there a way to change to software on the DX so it does 4G? Or was all this just hype to get me to buy the phone?

K20turbo

Reaction score
Verizon is now offering 4G. When I bought my Droid X i was really interested in the Sprint phone that had 4G but the salesman talked me out of it by saying, "When 4G becomes available on Verizon you will be able to upgrade."

Ok, its here now, but to what can I upgrade? Is there a way to change to software on the DX so it does 4G? Or was all this just hype to get me to buy the phone?
U got swindled, even if verizon had 4g the droid x doesn't support 4g. You need a 4g phone in order to utilize the 4g network.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Verizon does have 4g in many markets and more soon. They have it in my area!

However if you wanted 4g why did you buy the X? The X is not a 4g phone.

The new 4g phones will be coming out soon and then you can get one if you are in a market that has 4g!

You can have everything you ever wanted very soon!

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
No, I didnt get swindled, unless you think the DX isnt the best phone out there, as I do.

I went with Verizon because I had been with Sprint before, and never again, and I needed a phone back in September.

But if they allow me to upgrade when they have 4g and the phone is as good as the DX, I will take to oportunity.