Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I dubt it. What would be nice is if you or someone create a poll and see
if droid x is compatible to 4g. I dunno we still wont know the truth until
next year.

You doubt what?

Isn't it clear by now. NOT COMPATABLE.

Oh i thought you said compatible did read it right that you said comparable. First of all 3g and 4g is different experience. I cant wait.

Heh. I meant to say compatible actually. (Auto correct)

But it was in the context of the story. My point is: You will always find the most up to date info online. No matter what a CSR or anyone tells you in a retail environment, they probably don't know for sure.

Case and point: The HUGE number of people who have reported that the DX is LTE ready when it has been stated here many many times that it simply lacks the hardware necessary. Yet we continue to hear people say: But the guy at the Verizon store told me it would work on the new network.

To return to the OP here:

You found this forum (perhaps too late) and that should teach you to do a bit of research before expecting something from a device just because "the guy at the store" told you it would.

When I was younger I worked for an electronics store. I can't count the number of times I would embellish upon the features of a TV especially when it came to future tech. Like cable cards and Vchips (two very popular buzz words at the time)

Think about this.

Would the CSR who sold you the DX have a real reason to even bring up LTE?

Since Verizon doesn't even have any current 4G phones it wouldn't make sense for that sales person to bring it up unless prompted.

SO, given that... Does the addition of 4G capabilities really have an effect on your purchase? Logically it can't affect your purchase except to say that you might have waited to buy a new device. The problem there is that the decision to wait could have only come at the request of the customer. That is, you would have had to ask: "Is this LTE compatible?" Proving you had already done SOME research but not enough.

It sucks, but you really have no place to be upset with Verizon. Just because the phone you bought doesn't have the feature you thought it did. A feature that doesn't even exist yet does not mean its Verizons fault.

Ask yourself: "Is there a reasonable solution that Verizon can offer you because the CSR told you a bit of bad info on an otherwise great product?"

Probably not.

My car doesn't take the newest generation of fuel. Even though it has a FLEXFUEL sticker on the bumper. But that isn't Chevy's fault. Or the fault of the salesman who pumped me with wrong info. I should have read online what FlexFuel means before buying.

Truth is... I still would have bought the vehicle.

:)

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

rcjames

Reaction score
You doubt what?

Isn't it clear by now. NOT COMPATABLE.

Oh i thought you said compatible did read it right that you said comparable. First of all 3g and 4g is different experience. I cant wait.

Heh. I meant to say compatible actually. (Auto correct)

But it was in the context of the story. My point is: You will always find the most up to date info online. No matter what a CSR or anyone tells you in a retail environment, they probably don't know for sure.

Case and point: The HUGE number of people who have reported that the DX is LTE ready when it has been stated here many many times that it simply lacks the hardware necessary. Yet we continue to hear people say: But the guy at the Verizon store told me it would work on the new network.

To return to the OP here:

You found this forum (perhaps too late) and that should teach you to do a bit of research before expecting something from a device just because "the guy at the store" told you it would.

When I was younger I worked for an electronics store. I can't count the number of times I would embellish upon the features of a TV especially when it came to future tech. Like cable cards and Vchips (two very popular buzz words at the time)

Think about this.

Would the CSR who sold you the DX have a real reason to even bring up LTE?

Since Verizon doesn't even have any current 4G phones it wouldn't make sense for that sales person to bring it up unless prompted.

SO, given that... Does the addition of 4G capabilities really have an effect on your purchase? Logically it can't affect your purchase except to say that you might have waited to buy a new device. The problem there is that the decision to wait could have only come at the request of the customer. That is, you would have had to ask: "Is this LTE compatible?" Proving you had already done SOME research but not enough.

It sucks, but you really have no place to be upset with Verizon. Just because the phone you bought doesn't have the feature you thought it did. A feature that doesn't even exist yet does not mean its Verizons fault.

Ask yourself: "Is there a reasonable solution that Verizon can offer you because the CSR told you a bit of bad info on an otherwise great product?"

Probably not.

My car doesn't take the newest generation of fuel. Even though it has a FLEXFUEL sticker on the bumper. But that isn't Chevy's fault. Or the fault of the salesman who pumped me with wrong info. I should have read online what FlexFuel means before buying.

Truth is... I still would have bought the vehicle.

:)

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

No I've done alot of research and my phone is way beyond hacked then you would imagin. I'm not pissed at verizon i'm pissed at those worker doesn't even do much research before they talk. Is this phone lte ready nope. Does
it have the hardware probably not but if it is, they probably activate it by some type of firmware update and then from there needs some type of plan to use lte. By the way nobody pushed me to get droid x, in fact i never went to verizon and say hey whats the best phone. I don't trust those sale man. I done all the research I needed. Nobody told me to get android based phone. I did my research on which phone fits in me and my personality. I'm a linux fan and wanted something better then apple with a alot of codec. I found about android and it offer me alot. Now back to lte, I don't care if my phone is lte ready or not. Another thing, sales man for auto most of them are full a **** they just want to sell a damn car they'll throw at you the weired stuff that doesn't make sense once again they just want to sell something to make them look good they are not there for you. Man I can go on and on. I hope
they roll out 4g soon and maybe free up 3g bandwidth. I will be one of them using 3g while other is on 4g with limited downloading.

Shine52

Reaction score
For the record my Verizon CSR told me the X was absolutely not 4G compatible. I did my research anyways and knew that going in. She did say Verizon had no phones compitible at this time.

Here's to 4G burning holes right through our skulls so people can facetweet their lives away at great speeds.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Well so far Im quite happy with my Droid X 3g which I got in Sept. So it will be a long time before Im up for an upgrade, if/when 4g phones come out early next year. I have till 2012, lol, so they can take their time for all I care, unless they offer me an early upgrade a year into this contract.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People continue to act like 4G is right around the corner. It is, but only in limited parts of the country.

What I'm saying to you is this. Just because you're on the list of cities that are getting 4g, it will probably only work within that actual city. It won't be going out to the suburbs immediately. It's going to take a few years before the current 3G network is covered by 4G. So there is no sense in getting worked up about the phone, it probably wouldn't work even if it was 4G capable.

Delkomatic

Reaction score
I have done a lot of research and reading and i find nothing what so ever as far as a hardware restriction that would keep really any phone from doing 4g. Its more of a firmware/software issue. The Droid X is fully capable of doing 4g the 4 only stand for 4th generation and far as LTE that is just what Verizon is calling their 4g nothing more. You all can rant at me all you want but I read for hours and almost 50 different websites and sources and put it all together. I even know a few people that are pretty solid with hardware tech who agree with me. If Verizon never makes the Droid X 4g Capable its because they do not want to period. So I leave it to the hackers out there LETS GO HACKERS!

vatothe0

Reaction score
I have done a lot of research and reading and i find nothing what so ever as far as a hardware restriction that would keep really any phone from doing 4g. Its more of a firmware/software issue. The Droid X is fully capable of doing 4g the 4 only stand for 4th generation and far as LTE that is just what Verizon is calling their 4g nothing more. You all can rant at me all you want but I read for hours and almost 50 different websites and sources and put it all together. I even know a few people that are pretty solid with hardware tech who agree with me. If Verizon never makes the Droid X 4g Capable its because they do not want to period. So I leave it to the hackers out there LETS GO HACKERS!

Current devices only have cdma or cdma/gsm chips in them. There is without a doubt, no chance of them being able to access LTE.

Delkomatic

Reaction score
You say that with no proof of anything. Like i said that means nothing what so ever the hard ware has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. 4G means FOURTH generation 3g MEANS 3rd generation THE ONLY DIFF between the 2 is speed and protocol that is easily changed with FIRMWARE and SOFTWARE updates. Educate yourself before you try to act smart please.

rcjames

Reaction score
You say that with no proof of anything. Like i said that means nothing what so ever the hard ware has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. 4G means FOURTH generation 3g MEANS 3rd generation THE ONLY DIFF between the 2 is speed and protocol that is easily changed with FIRMWARE and SOFTWARE updates. Educate yourself before you try to act smart please.

You're a funny guy. LOL

vatothe0

Reaction score

My proof is the FACT that the phone only has a cdma chip, not LTE. By your logic, any phone can be converted from cdma to gsm and vice versa. Don't you think someone would have done this by now?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Also, you clearly have no idea how ic's work. You think some one is going to rewrite how the amplifier works?

avt123

Reaction score

Actually, you should take your own advice. LTE will NOT be compatible with the DX or any other smartphone/phone has to offer right now. Firmware upgrades wont do anything. You an LTE radio in your device for it to work. It is different hardware. The radios on VZW devices are meant for CDMA use and CDMA use ONLY (unless you have a world phone then you can use GSM overseas as well, but it has the hardware to support both radios).

Zecpull

Reaction score
I was told last week...11-23-10...that Customer Service has been told the Droid X will indeed be 4G compatible.. She said it is a Software upgrade that will ,make it work>??

I remember people back when I got my Droid1 that it also would never Run Flash...?
So is there anyone that Really Knows..? Hey I can also listen to Sat Radio and Fm Radio on my Droid..and it has no Tuner or antenna for either.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok this is getting old. 4G requires a sim card like GSM, and a different radio. Its a different standard. The DX is hardware limited to 3G. Deal with it. If it was 4G capable don't you think VZW would be touting that big time??

VZW has stated there will be no 4G compatible phone until early next year.

Sent from somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.