droid x 4g ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This conversation cracks me up. By the time you have LTE coverage you will want a new device anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Menu or no menu, it is NOT LTE compatible! LTE requires a 4G SIM card to work. Neither the X nor the Incredible have a slot for that. USB modems will roll out first but phones will not be out until February 2011. As said though, it (LTE) will only be available in select cities at first. It wont be until 2013 that the coverage will be everywhere 3G is now....it'll be time for another upgrade by then! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Delkomatic

Reaction score
Droidx

When I bought my droid xi ask if i would be able to do 4g and I was told yes I told them if not then I will just wait because the 4g will be in my area and I just got my phone so I might as well just wait a few months for a phone. So if I was lied to I am going to be beyond beyond mad. Verizon will have no idea the anger that I will express to them until I get a 4g phone of my choice. Although I would not be shocked to be lied to.dancedroid

Sent using swype.

Danii1003

Reaction score
They will tell you whatever they need to to get a sale

Sent from my DROIDX

RemyL75

Reaction score
When I bought my droid xi ask if i would be able to do 4g and I was told yes I told them if not then I will just wait because the 4g will be in my area and I just got my phone so I might as well just wait a few months for a phone. So if I was lied to I am going to be beyond beyond mad. Verizon will have no idea the anger that I will express to them until I get a 4g phone of my choice. Although I would not be shocked to be lied to.dancedroid

Sent using swype.

Sorry to hear it, but looks like they got you. This is why I hate buying from the stores. Oh I will go in and try the phone out, but I never ask them any questions. And I always end up correcting them when customers ask them questions. UGH.

BTW... There are currently NO 4G phones available from Verizon. They are however holding a 4G launch event tomorrow. Maybe they will announce when the 4G phones will become available.

rcjames

Reaction score

Sent using swype.

Dude fuk verizon do you're research on web before you buy anything. You can find much resource on the internet. When i go to store i talk to those wanna be pros their not pro their just there making money to feed their kids. Some will have knowledge but nobody is pro whos a pro the one that work at the repair center and technical center. Not the people walking around the store floor trying to make you buy something. Their so full of **** i reather judge on things of things i research and then maybe come up with solution.

Reaction score
Agreed. Most people who frequent these boards will know more than the CSRs on the floor.

Its not bad. Just life. Remember, most folks who buy these phones don't even know these forums exist.

My wife is rockin' her D1 and doesn't even know or care what LTE is.

Meanwhile one of the dads at my daughters school OWNS one of the major companies that is building new towers for Verizon. He tried to tell me all about 4G and how it was the future and I was lucky my phone would be comparable.

Oh well.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Engrish??

Sent using swype.

Dude fuk verizon do you're research on web before you buy anything. You can find much resource on the internet. When i go to store i talk to those wanna be pros their not pro their just there making money to feed their kids. Some will have knowledge but nobody is pro whos a pro the one that work at the repair center and technical center. Not the people walking around the store floor trying to make you buy something. Their so full of **** i reather judge on things of things i research and then maybe come up with solution.

DroidForums junkie!

rcjames

Reaction score
Agreed. Most people who frequent these boards will know more than the CSRs on the floor.

Its not bad. Just life. Remember, most folks who buy these phones don't even know these forums exist.

Meanwhile one of the dads at my daughters school OWNS one of the major companies that is building new towers for Verizon. He tried to tell me all about 4G and how it was the future and I was lucky my phone would be comparable.

Oh well.

I dubt it. What would be nice is if you or someone create a poll and see
if droid x is compatible to 4g. I dunno we still wont know the truth until
next year.

Reaction score

Oh well.

next year.

You doubt what?

Isn't it clear by now. NOT COMPATABLE.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent using swype.

Again, I promise you, the Droid is not capable of LTE/4G. No sim slot is the most obvious missing piece of hardware.

rcjames

Reaction score

Oh well.

next year.

You doubt what?

Isn't it clear by now. NOT COMPATABLE.

Oh i thought you said compatible did read it right that you said comparable. First of all 3g and 4g is different experience. I cant wait.

RemyL75

Reaction score
If droid x were compatible with 4g, verizon would have put that in the droiddoes ads. If for no other reason than to level the playing field more with sprint and the evo. And as for waiting till feb to find out, its pointless because 1. Read above statement lol
2. Vzw is having a 4g event in about 8-9 from now.
So, wait and see what they say. It will be the same thing we have been saying since this thread was started.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.