droid wont turn on after update

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
My mom got her update this morning and now the phone stays stuck on the Motorola logo screen. She has a crack in her glass so Verizon store and tech support told me i would have to pay full retail for the phone to be replaced when i have extended coverage insurance. Has anyone else had a bad experience with getting a replacement after the upgrade?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My mom got her update this morning and now the phone stays stuck on the Motorola logo screen. She has a crack in her glass so Verizon store and tech support told me i would have to pay full retail for the phone to be replaced when i have extended coverage insurance. Has anyone else had a bad experience with getting a replacement after the upgrade?
Not that I'm aware of, but if you have the $7 a month insurance plan contact the insurance company and you'll pay $80 for a replacement. Don't settle for less than a Droid 1, though.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can she boot into recovery? (power on while holding up on Dpad)

if so, she can flash an SBF file back to 2.1 and then trying it again (make sure it has a full charge or most of the way)

see my sig for a guide

OP
C

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
I asked customer support why i would have to pay full retail and they told me that when they sent the phone back to motorola they would deny the claim that the update broke the phone so i would have to pay full price.

and the phone wont do anything past the M logo.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the bootloader is before the M logo

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Slide out the keyboard, power the phone down, press and hold the d-pad toward the screen, then power the phone back on. See if you can get the bootloader to come up.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I asked customer support why i would have to pay full retail and they told me that when they sent the phone back to motorola they would deny the claim that the update broke the phone so i would have to pay full price.

and the phone wont do anything past the M logo.

That's B.S. MANY people have had their phones freeze at M logo on the update, all that I've seen have got replacements

Don't be too worried