Screen lock after "Update"download

uuglypher

Reaction score
This morning I got notice of an "update" available for download to my Motorola droid (Model# A855), I clicked on "Begin" and got an image of a box with an open lid and a broad, flat arrow issuing from it to the droid outside the box, and a progress "thermometer" that gradually filled with yellow. When the "thermometer"was full the screen turned black with a Motorola logo in the center, and has so remained for several hours, unresponsive even to attempts to turn it off.
At the Motorola help site (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/) I was advised to remove and replace the battery. I did so, and when I turned it back on, the familiar unresponsive, implacable black screen and Motorola logo reappeared. After assuring the help person that my droid had neither been dropped nor allowed to get wet, she told me to take it to a Verizon store because "...Motorola will be sending out a tool to the stores to help the customers with this issue." My local Verizon store knows nothing of this "issue". Any idea what's going on? Anyone with a similar problem ("issue") of lock-up after downloading an "update"???
Thanks for any help / advice that might be offered!

Uuglypher

legnadibrom

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me and when I called Verizon the tech told me it's a known issue that has no solution and she shipped out a new phone that I should receive Friday, change out the microSD card and send the phone back(it comes with a return label)