Droid Wont Connect to Computer

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
no i was just letting you know that i checked both the usb cable and the usb port on my computer to make sure that wasnt the problem and both the cable and the usb port are fine and. My computer recognizes the phone but the phone doesnt recognize the computer.

zudien

Reaction score
no i was just letting you know that i checked both the usb cable and the usb port on my computer to make sure that wasnt the problem and both the cable and the usb port are fine and. My computer recognizes the phone but the phone doesnt recognize the computer.

This just occurred to me...

Does it show your phone charging when you have it hooked up to the computer? If not it COULD (big maybe here) be a hardware problem on your phone. But my first suggestion is to reflash back to stock.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
No it doesnt show that my phones charging when i connect it to my computer. im just gonna reflash back to stock and see what happens. thanks for your help

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
ok so i finally got a chance to reflash my phone back to stock and my phone connected to my computer with no problems at all. However i went back to sholesmod 2.0.5 and now im having the same problem. When i connect my phone to my computer nothing happens. I'm new to this whole rooting thing so am i installing the rom wrong? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Sounds like something got mixed up in the midst of you rooting, Make sure you cut no corners, understand completely what your doing every step and follow the directions 120%. Find another ROM and use that to see if it works. If it does then you know its not your technique in rooting, if it doesn't then you know your doing something wrong. i don't use any sholds ROM so i cant talk to say its sholds fault(Which i kinda doubt). But my theory is worth a try.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
which rom do you think i should use? im kinda slow at this whole thing sry

Jackattack

Reaction score
Same problem here

I just installed the sholes rom 2.0.5 and I can no longer connect to my PC. I used the updater app off of the market place so it seemed to be a standard pre-defined rooting method. I as the user only selected option I wanted left on the phone or off. The Updater and SPRecovery did the rest. I was able to connect no problem prior to install of most recent sholes mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I presonally Recomend Buglessbeast 7.5 with a full wipe of data before installation. beacouse i have that and everythings working dumb quick and amazing. if you have ANY questions This sailor would be more than happy to assist you bro. Pm me or hit me up on google talk anytime at [email protected]

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
no when you say a full wipe of data does that mean its going to erase everything on my phone? contacts, apps, music etc.

Reaction score
The same goes for anybody.

Jackattack I would try my method of using another rom. If it works after switching Roms then its sholdes ROM if the problem consists then at least we eliminated one objective.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I presonally Recomend Buglessbeast 7.5 with a full wipe of data before installation. beacouse i have that and everythings working dumb quick and amazing. if you have ANY questions This sailor would be more than happy to assist you bro. Pm me or hit me up on google talk anytime at [email protected]

+1 Bugless Beast is by far my favorite and works the best for me :icon_ banana:

Although not a very big fan of Pete's newest Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM... :(

Reaction score
Before you do a wipe do a astro (file manager app found in the market for free) back up or any apps you want to keep, your contacts should be synced with your gmail account so ther wont be touched. make sure to check for that. your music as long as its in a seperate folder is complely safe. The only thing it wipes is the information like history, caches and ect.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
ok i downloaded astro and backed up everything i needed and my contacts are synced with gmail. what is the next step for getting buglessbeast 7.5?

M

Matth3w

Depends what version you want to use...the Bugless Beast 0.7.5 or the Bugless Beast 2.1 that is a 2.1 port with live wallpapers etc.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
ok i downloaded astro and backed up everything i needed and my contacts are synced with gmail. what is the next step for getting buglessbeast 7.5?

At this point you should probably look at one of the two major guides for BB.

Matt's Version
Justinc's Version

We can't give you a step by step shake down on how to do it, if we did every thread would be the same! :p

Edit: I guess people will give you a shake down.

Just check out those guides and if you need help at that point either post in the thread or PM MM1 Payne like he said you could do.

Last edited: