Droid doesn't even notice when connected to computer

Mercuie

Reaction score
So I hate having to ask for help, but im at a dead end here.

I used to use a Windows 7 64 bit RC, but that expired and I had to install a retail copy. So I did. Droid wise before everything was running great. USB to mount, blah blah, it all worked.

So after reinstalling windows 7 and putting in the drivers for droid, I put my phone on the usb cable and went to bed, to find my droid dead in the morning. After recharging on the actual power cable I found out my droid doesn’t see that its connected to my computer at all. Im using Droidmod. So i restore back to right after I rooted and my droid works fine, computer see’s it, charges it, lets me mount. If I flash any rom, it goes back to not being able to talk to my computer.

The only way I can get it to work is if I enable usb debugging. Then my computer sees’s it just fine. I hate having to enable that just to connect to my computer when I never had to before.

There is a USB Composite driver that keeps failing to install when I don’t have usb debugging on, but for the life me I can’t get any drivers to install there. I even extracted them out of the moto msi.

I just don’t understand why pre rom installs my computer will see it and post rom installs it no longer does. Any help would be sooo great. Thank you.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Not that I have any talk ideas what I am taking about here, but you have to consider they are meeting with all the system files.

Is it all roms? Or just droidmod? did you install the usb drivers from moto website?

OP
Mercuie

Mercuie

Reaction score
heh actually post did remind me that i haven't installed the android SDK files, which once i did, all went back to normal. So thank you ^^ i can't believe i missed such an important step. Totally slipped my mind. <3

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Not a problem. I forget stuff like that so whenever someone has a problem I just think about what I would have missed lol

bubblehead

Reaction score
heh actually post did remind me that i haven't installed the android SDK files, which once i did, all went back to normal. So thank you ^^ i can't believe i missed such an important step. Totally slipped my mind. <3

I am having this issue with my Droid running Droidmod. My phone is not recognized on Win 7 64bit. My dad's Droid connects no problem. Mind connected pre Droidmod and it still connects to my Win XP laptop. You mentioned SDK files and I don't understand what those are. Can you help please?

bubblehead

Reaction score
Thanks, I had already tried that but it didn't help. I mean, I loaded those on the computer. They don't go on the phone do they? I feel pretty ignorant right now. I can usually figure these things out but I'm pretty baffled.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Don't feel ignorant you did the right thing.

Yes they go on the comp, there is an issue with win 7, but I never looked into it because I never experienced a problem.

People report the same as you, one phone will work, one won't. Try a google search, it might help a bit more than me at this point, lol