My droid can't connect to the computer anymore

bentobox

Reaction score
I have connected it before it worked fine the drivers are on there and everything. Now it wont connect to any computer it just gives me a message says device unrecognized. what do i do now?

To answer all those questions, i have plugged it into 2 laptops 1 with windows 7 windows xp. and two desktops both running xp. im basically stumped. it seems the drivers on the phone itself are messed up as far as talking to the computer. i have also tried formating the sd card after backing up my pictures and no luck. when i plug it into the computer i gives me a little bubble icon saying device unrecognized. and yes i did uninstall the driver and when i plugged it back in it installed the drivers again right away, then once it was done told me the device is unrecognized.

whats odd is it recognized the phone installs the drivers then tells me the phone is unrecognized. so i knows the phone is connected it finds the drivers installs them. then it decides it doesn't want to talk to the phone. on every single computer.

Last edited:

JayMonster

Reaction score
Does the Droid recognize the connection (it would give you the option to Mount the SD Card)?

If not, on the PC (XP or Vista) right click on My Computer (Computer on Vista)
Choose Properties
Go to Device Manger (It is on the left side in Vista, I do not remember what tab it is on for XP)

You should find in the Device Manger list an item (or items) marked with yellow question marks (unknown items).

Delete those items

Remove your Droid

Reboot the PC

Reconnect the Droid

The PC should now reinstall the drivers properly (but it may still say "unknown" until you mount the SD Card from the Droid.

You should then be good to go.

Connor1536

Reaction score
My Droid n PC not connecting

I tried everything below. I had 0 yellow ? marks. Is there another issue with the phone?
thnaks, Kevin

Does the Droid recognize the connection (it would give you the option to Mount the SD Card)?

If not, on the PC (XP or Vista) right click on My Computer (Computer on Vista)
Choose Properties
Go to Device Manger (It is on the left side in Vista, I do not remember what tab it is on for XP)

You should find in the Device Manger list an item (or items) marked with yellow question marks (unknown items).

Delete those items

Remove your Droid

Reboot the PC

Reconnect the Droid

The PC should now reinstall the drivers properly (but it may still say "unknown" until you mount the SD Card from the Droid.

You should then be good to go.